Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I was wondering if you could post your current mileage and any comments or complaints you have with your Honda so far.
I currently have 70,000 kilometers (Canadian, will have to convert for mileage) and I can honestly say other than minor issues it has been problem free.

·
Registered
53 Posts
710 miles and it's still as good as new!:D
Average MPG is just over 25 so far, but it has been mostly highway driving.

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
About 39K, not too happy with gas mileage, otherwise love the car.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Currently @ 74K miles, like Rube, I'm not that happy with the gas mileage, but it is a brick on wheels, so............
Only problem I've had so far has been that I had to replace the speedo cluster per a tech bulletin. Replaced @ no cost to me.
Original tires sucked.
It fits my life style and the dogs love it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
17,500 on my 2006 MT 2wd, and so far, so good. I've been seeing mileage as high as 28, although it's normally only 25 in the city driving I do (and the fact that I have to go 80 on the freeway to avoid death). The A/C decided to stop working for a couple of days, but then it fixed itself, so whatev, I guess. I've had no problems aside from the random two days of no A/C.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,518 Posts
I just broke the 2000 mile mark and have no complaints with the vehicle as a whole (except MPG, of course), just a couple of design improvements that they should have included from the start-PDL from both sides, PW auto up/down both sides, better knee protection/power pedal option for shorter drivers (wife's knees almost touch the dashboard). Have to work on those..... :twisted:
Will give a much better review AFTER we arrive in Alaska, adding another 6300 miles to the ticker.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
One up

I have 82,816 miles. I bought it at the beginning of May with 73,220 miles on it. It's been the best vehicle by far that I have ever owned.

·
Registered
389 Posts
4,500 miles (3,000 by me in 6 weeks) here on my 07 and I love it. Only problem I have is the mod fever. :D Running out of things that I want to do to the E.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just under 10k miles, we average around 26mpg...

So, far the wife absolutely loves the E. I am very happy with it for what it is, and the utility it has provided thus far. I think the only issues we've had with it have been cosmetic, and taken care of under warranty by a really good dealership. I intend to do a few more mods to it, and keep for a long while. It isn't the small roadster I was wanting, but the wife is happy, and when the E is paid off I'll get my roadster...

So, the hard part now is...

Buy new: Saturn Sky Redline
or
Build a kit: Factory Five Racing Mark III

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
27719 two days over a year old. Very happy, glad I got an 07 instead of an 06

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
50,450 miles and have averaged 23.4 MPG in mixed driving in a hilly area of PA.

As for issues. Had the "rocking seat" problem fixed. The rear struts are beginning to leak after bouncing around on our terrible roads. Paint chips very easily (which is also a Toyota issue). Love the vehicle, glad I bought it.:)

·
Registered
671 Posts
i am glad that i got a 05, it was the last year of the galapagos green. i bought mine in october 05 and almost waited for the 06. the salesman said that the green was available for the 06.:mad: thats when they started the kiwi !

·
Registered
28 Posts
22,000 miles and I get on average 25 MPGs. Not to shabby for a Brave Little Toaster. and, believe it or not, my only complaint with the E is the paint flaking off the painted front fenders. But it's black...the panels are black.. so you really can't notice it too much.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Average MPG confusion?

Coming up on 4500 miles. My average using the total gas consumed and total mileage is 22.4 MPG over 3500 miles. My seat-o-the pants impression is that this is the only way to get a true average unless you put the nearly the same amount of gas each fillup. Example you drive 255 miles since last fill up and it takes 15 gal to fill it up, that's 17 MPG. Then you drive 68 miles and it takes 2 gallons to fill it up, that's 34 MPG. the average of the two MPG is (17 + 34)/2= 25.5 MPG. But if you take the totals 255 + 68 = 323 miles and 15 +2 =17 gallons that 323/17 = 19 MPG :confused: There must be some sort of weighting given to each MPG sample? Do we have any math gurus that can explain this?

As far as complaints.. the auto needs a higher ratio first gear, The windshield pillers block forward vision (I think I am used to it now), Wish it had Auto temp control for the heater/AC (modified that..)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 960 Posts