Honda Element Owners Club banner

941 - 959 of 959 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
03' auto AWD @ 187k.

Love seeing all these other E's at 200k 300k 550k

Maintenance i'm guessing is the trick
It is, and while I haven't had any major problems with mine, I just had new tires put on, and I had to have the rear control arms replaced because the old ones couldn't be adjusted any further, which meant they couldn't do an alignment, and right before it hit 200k, the check engine light turned on. Turned out to be a bad knock sensor, which is a major PITA to get to. From the groaning I hear at speeds over 30-35, I'm pretty sure it needs new wheel bearings, at least in the rear, and since I suspect that I need new struts, I've been thinking about having struts and bearings done on all 4 wheels to save a bit on labor. It's getting to the point where I'm not sure I want to put the money into it. I really want a Pilot, but I don't want a car payment. If I had the struts and bearings done, I bet I'd be good for a while; I'm just not sure if it makes sense for me at this point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
283K. Struts of course, starter, knock sensor, variable valve timing solenoid, and now nursing the transmission along. This gal has been supporting me through 2 kids and 3 dogs, and divorce! Nursing the auto trans along as it seems the overdrive is giving me fits between first and second. Searching for a replacement trans

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm at 174,000 miles. The amount of repairs is too long to list, but I can safely say it's running better than it ever has.

·
Registered
21 Posts
!st off road adventure

LOVE my Element. Just got back from an adventure in Tehama Co CA. Took Mel on a few red dirt roads on my buddies property. I have an Early Ford Bronco & that Beast can do some major 4-wheeling. The little 2 wheel drive E performed well. Trick is go SLOW & know the roads you are traveling.
Getting my first oil change & filter since I purchased it last Aug, 183,450 Mi.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good to hear you enjoyed her off-road how long have you had your element? That’s a reason why use recently reserved to buy an all wheel drive manual Element. So I can enjoy her better than an automatic 2WD

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
683 Posts
LOVE my Element. Just got back from an adventure in Tehama Co CA. Took Mel on a few red dirt roads on my buddies property. I have an Early Ford Bronco & that Beast can do some major 4-wheeling. The little 2 wheel drive E performed well. Trick is go SLOW & know the roads you are traveling.
Getting my first oil change & filter since I purchased it last Aug, 183,450 Mi.
I saw the picture you posted of your Bronco in the Photo Gallery; cool!

I always thought that the early Broncos were the vehicles that the Honda people were mostly wanting to imitate when they were designing the Element! : - )

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am getting scared by reading all of the repairs on here. I am an original owner of a 2003 that now has 289,000 kms. Other than brakes a few times and regular maintenance, the only thing I have had to do is a new starter, cooling fan and replace the bushings. (Local garage did the bushings and starter.) I keep saying I will buy another Honda when this one fails me but it keeps purring along.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
683 Posts
Welcome aboard! And, Nice Find! :)

There still are some really low mileage Elements out there, but they also are getting very hard to find. You did good!

Show us some pictures of your new Element when you get a chance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HONDA ELEMENT 2007 - 282,000 Miles

Been with me from Texas to Virginia (Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South/ North Carolina)
Now it's running around Virginia.

Recently, Replaced new: starter, alternator, battery, 4 new tires, transmission fluid at 60k miles.

941 - 959 of 959 Posts