Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one dog scootering ? Post the pics here !:D

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
www.dogscooter.com

Unfortunately, the EOC software glitch is not letting me post new pics at this time. Hopefully it will let me paste in pics from other threads.

Gidget's been pulling me on a Blauwerk "Willy" (20" wheels) scoooter since she was 2 years old. I bought a second scooter to get other dogs to run with us since Gidget likes to race.

This past year I bought a mountain bike so we could go on rougher trails and I could pedal so that she can run later into spring (she doesn't pull when it's above 55 degrees).

Great fun, to say the least. Gidget started training with a sled team this past winter and the person running it said it was the best lead dog debut she'd ever seen. Credit the scootering.

Samoyeds love to pull! And I love to be pulled...

:)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Careful Hiker Chick, I know someone who started like that and now between him and his new wife they have over 50 huskies! :???:

I'd love to try it with my Aussie (we're making her a wagon pull hitch already) but I'm afraid she'd be a bit too easily distracted...
Ha -- 50 Samoyeds would land me in jail, on You Tube and every 24/7 cable news channel.

If I hadn't first landed in a looney bin.

Software glitch fixed, here's some scooter/bike pulling pics. And one where she was running lead in front of an ATV.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
How do you keep her so WHITE?

Our little Westie is such a mud bucket. As SOON as he has a bath he's out looking for some dirt!
Hi PVR.

Gidget's a therapy dog and visits a hospital two or three times a month (pediatric oncology, psych & high-risk perinatal) and has to be bathed before each visit. So she stays pretty white.

She's not crazy about the baths (which take about 30 minutes) but fortunately she's fine with the blow dryer (which takes a 4hp dryer 90 minutes to dry her). By the way, these are my favorite dog shampoos and conditioners:

Spa (shampoo & conditioner -- the "Renew" fragrance)
http://www.carealotpets.com/item-detail/?ItemID=26841B#bigPicture

If you enjoy the luxuries of a day spa, then your pet will love the skin treatments of the Spa Lavish Pet collection. It is formulated with the finest botanical plant and flower extracts to create therapies to enhance your pet's well being. [FONT=Tahoma, Arial]Fresh Spa is a respite of tranquility and splendor. Refreshing vanilla, invigorating white tea, and stimulating milk thistle have been picked for their purifying and circulation boosting properties, helping to combat the effects of toxins.
Comfort Spa pampers and soothes irritated skin. It contains a rich combination of nourishing body bath and vitamins designed to leave your pet’s skin and coat feeling clean and smooth. The aromatherapy effects of lavender and the soothing effects of hydrolyzed oatmeal combine to relieve stress and comfort for your loved one.
Renew Spa nourishes and restores damaged hair. An extremely gentle cocoa derived cleanser with just the right amounts of botanical emollients, ginger root, and pink grapefruit. It leaves the hair shiny, manageable, and clean. Clarifies and removes excess toxins.
Nourish Vitamin Conditioner moisturizes, hydrates, and detangles your pet’s skin and coat. This after-shampoo conditioner with plant extracts and vitamins promotes hair sheen and capillary conditioning. Nourish conditioner’s ingredients help repair your pet’s dry damaged hair. Anti-static agents calm hair while botanical emollients strengthen the coat.[/FONT]

Premium Pet Shampoos
http://www.carealotpets.com/item-detail/?ItemID=1057B

Premium Pet Shampoo
Item # 1057B
Formulated with tea tree oil, long known for its deeply penetrating, healing properties. Contains 17 botanical extracts to help soothe skin irritations and leaves dogs wonderfully deodorized. Remarkably effective against hot spots, flea/tick bites, dry skin, and more. Waterless shampoo is useful for show handlers and when bathing just isn't practical. Spray-on shampoo is designed to be used with water. Do not use on cats.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Thanks Hiker Chick but Dexter gets enough premium stuff that I don't want to spend any more money on doogie beauty products as well!

He already gets more spent on him for haircuts than I do (but I don't have as much hair as I used to :rolleyes:) so I think we will stick to his "Woodsy Woof" shampoo for now!

http://www.internatural-alternative-health.com/ingr/ingr847330.cfm

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
The absolute absolute best dog shampoo I've ever found (and I found it by accident really) is actually a bar soap made locally here by The Soap Bar. To shampoo we throw the bar in a bucket and spray water on the bar, then use the water from the bucket. Once they're soaked down with that, then grab the bar and lather it in their fur directly all over, then rinse as usual. The soap is EXTREMELY clean rinsing but leaves their fur incredibly soft and silky, not over-stripping and not leaving it oily. I'd swear by this stuff to the grave!

If you're interested, go to this link and click Shampoo Bars on the left, then it will show the Critter Shampoo for pets in the order area. $5 per bar, locally hand made! How can you possibly lose!?

The Soap Bar - Critter Shampoo

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK...Here it is, Ordered it last Friday, and it came to the house a week later...The Diggler Alpha Dog Scooter

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I hear to keep your dog good and white just add a little bleach to the shampoo. Cleans em right up.

Just Kidding, geez people settle down.

I'd like to get one of those scooters but I tried running with my dog the other day and she's even more outta shape than I am! We ran for about 3 blocks and she started slowing down and almost walking!! Lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would love to get a scooter for my two dogs! This looks like the perfect fit especially for our younger Labradoodle, he loves to run.

Just wondering if there is a used market somewhere that I could buy one. I can't afford the new ones right now (just put braces on the kids....).

Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Getting ready to buy the dog scooter and all the accessories to go with.

I am buying from ALPINE OUTFITTERS the line and harness. I notice when I go to checkout there is a spot for DISCOUNT CODE - does anyone have a code they want to share? I would assume now that I have registered with them I will be getting codes in email with special promotions.

I going with the Toucan 20" suspension scooter It best fits my budget and seems that it will be a good entry level scooter.

My two dogs and I can't wait for our new items to arrive!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
i might be able to get a pic of my dog scooting.... across the carpet. :shock: not scootering,though.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Getting ready to buy the dog scooter and all the accessories to go with.

I am buying from ALPINE OUTFITTERS the line and harness. I notice when I go to checkout there is a spot for DISCOUNT CODE - does anyone have a code they want to share? I would assume now that I have registered with them I will be getting codes in email with special promotions.

I going with the Toucan 20" suspension scooter It best fits my budget and seems that it will be a good entry level scooter.

My two dogs and I can't wait for our new items to arrive!!
I have purchased several harnesses and ganglines from Alpine Outfitters but have never been privy to a "discount code" nor I have ever received e-mails from them with special promotions. Then again, I can't remember if I registered with them. Probably not.

I think it's a Mom and Pop operation. A woman in the area (north of Seattle) makes the harnesses.

Best of luck with the scootering!! Keep your hands on both brakes at all times. Also, I try to follow a bit off-center to reduce the chances of rear-ending Gidget if she stops abruptly. She hardly ever does stop abruptly, but it has happened and you've got to jump on the brakes (and/or put your feet on the ground instantly to stop in time).

If Gidget were prone to dart after Squirrels I'd have long ago surpassed Evil Knievel for broken bones. Fortunately, she nearly always gradually slows down when she sees a squirrel (or ignores them entirely if she's racing another dog).

This weekend I took a video of Gidget pulling but haven't the faintest idea how to share it. Someday.

:)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts