Honda Element Owners Club banner

3621 - 3640 of 3673 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
^^

+ 2 that is a really sharp looking Element.

·
Registered
147 Posts
^Looks good. What's the wheel/tire specs?
19x9.5 +37 255/45-19
19x8.5 +35 235/50-19
-1.7 front, -2 rear camber. Lots of cutting rolling and heating/reshaping of front fenders/liners for the large tires. Notched rear subframe and control arm mounts for larger rear axle clearance, and notched trailing arms for wheel clearance.

Went lower and larger tires, so work to get them under there has been a bit of a chore.

·
Registered
850 Posts
19x9.5 +37 255/45-19
19x8.5 +35 235/50-19
-1.7 front, -2 rear camber. Lots of cutting rolling and heating/reshaping of front fenders/liners for the large tires. Notched rear subframe and control arm mounts for larger rear axle clearance, and notched trailing arms for wheel clearance.

Went lower and larger tires, so work to get them under there has been a bit of a chore.
Do you have any issues with the AWD as far as different front and rear tire sizes are concerned?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Almost. The difference is very small, 713mm vs 719mm. I was just curious if you noticed any funny business at that small of a variance.
Not all tires are the same OD even though listed as same "size". The tolerance allowed in tire manufacturing is huge, which is why you only use the calculation as a general idea. Some companies 235/50-19 has on OD as high as 28.4" .... you need to check the specs on each individual tire model.
I chose Dueler sports as both front and rears are 28.1" OD

·
Registered
850 Posts
That is good to know. I was using a tire size calculator and that's the #s it was spitting out.
Your setup looks real clean. Keep us posted on how the custom axles are hold up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got some early morning shots of the moon/planetary alignment over my Element last night. Unfortunately, I didn't catch a shot of the brilliant fire ball from the Taurid meteor shower. It shot straight down to the left of the alignment. Very spectacular!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Getting some DIY projects done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2003 E...I've owned it since new...205,000 miles...still running like a top.

Her most recent outing, a 1,455 mile jaunt from Texas to Northern New Mexico and back over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Love me some Element....(now if Honda would pull their head and build us a new one! )

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nice pic Ztex, 2003 element from new , the original and the first and the only. Maybe Honda will someday reincarnate the element,they have just done so with the hrv. But I hope they don't, or at least not call it the Element. I think we will all lose something if that happened.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
They said it couldnt be done..

The Element's usefulness keeps on adding up. Had to go couch shopping a few days ago and didn't want to rent a truck to get it home! The guys at American Furniture we taking bets on whether or not it would fit. I didn't have any doubts.

Attachments

3621 - 3640 of 3673 Posts