Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am in the market to purchase a new 2010 Element. I have never owned one but it does have my interest.

Where do I find the true bottom line prices? I have read in this site to do the fax or e blast to the dealers but I don't have the info to state my price. Also, it seems I will be limited to what a dealer(s) actually has in stock. If the 2010 is being phased out the inventory levels are reduced and puts the dealer in control, yes?

Also read here about the 2010 being the last year for the E. Is there a problem or is it they were not as popular as Honda had hoped?
Is there an advantage to waiting for the Memorial Day Weekend? Is there likely to be incentives to move the E or will Honda focus on more popular models?

Lots of questions but I hope some of you can help me make a sound purchase. I do have a trade in but I understand to get my price first.
Please advise.
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
873 Posts
from what I hear this is the best time to buy. if the dealer wants to sell one he will. if they can knock 3-5000 off of an accord or oddsey or whatever,crossover then they can also do it for the E
ans as for not selling to well thats bs, I see any where from 5 to 15 every day driving around. I see 2-3 pt crusiers a week,2-3 chevy hhr's,a week 3-4 camarows aweek,4-6 dodge challangers a week.8-13 mustangs a day,3-5 oddseys a day.3-5 preious a day. I think they dont want to deal on them because they sell so well they dont need to. but with this economy they can and probobly will make a deal. just have a nissan cube brochure and a hampster car one with you when you go & compare it to the E.and keep an eye on the mpg (they get much better so the dealer will try to sell you harder on the E witch you are already sold on but dont let them know + the cube is much less than the E and about the same size as is the hampster car. just keep saying they look the same size to me but that one is less and gets better mpg.and look at all the kool colors they come in !!! your honda dealer probably only has 2 or 3 color choices. but if your honda dealer also has the nissan & kia soul then your screwed.but try any way but do a chevy hhr & dodge nitro (witch probably only gets 16 mpg) any way good luck and welcome to thE club !!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do like the tactic. A new Nissan dealer opened just down the road from them and I'm sure it's been more a thorn than a benefit. I'll be sure to pick up a Cube brochure.
Is there a place to research true cost so I am in a better position to set a goal to the price we can both live with?
Thanks

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
from what I hear this is the best time to buy. if the dealer wants to sell one he will. if they can knock 3-5000 off of an accord or odyssey or whatever,crossover then they can also do it for the E
That "logic" assumes that dealers don't have any incentive, such as a larger profit margin, for them to stock or sell more expensive vehicles.

Every vehicle in stock ties up money, so your best negotiation tool is knowing how long a vehicle has been carried in inventory, and the depreciation cost for owning a vehicle. Ask to see the dealer's invoice for the vehicle, which shows the date. Understanding that the "cost" shown isn't the actual dealers cost. Start your negotiation by taking $600-1000 off the dealer invoice plus 1% of the invoice "cost" for each month since the model introduction for depreciation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done deal

Ok I pulled the trigger and picked up my E yesterday afternoon. Thrilled.
Here's the tactic I used and it panned out.
I got on Honda's site and found 21 dealers within 75 miles. I sent them an e'mail requesting their best, out-the-door price. I had to include my phone number in order to get the email contact to go through but I explained I would take no phone calls before seeing the e'mail. About 10 complied some, to this moment, I never heard from and some ignored and called right away.
Turns out the first e I got was the best deal and no nonsense all the way through.
In any matter, I'm in and look forward to many years and miles with my Toaster!

·
Registered
278 Posts
edit: I didn't read all the posts before replying. Congrats on the new car :)

Try looking up the car you want with this site:

http://www.truecar.com/index.html

We were considering new and looked at prices with this site but never got to the negotiating stage, so I don't know how accurate it is. Looks like a usefull tool though.

Not affiliated, etc, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts