Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my radio head unit in my 2005 LX 4WD with a Sony MEX-BT3100P. The FM reception is worse now (not horrible but worse for weak signals) and I am trying to figure out why. I hooked up the REM OUT of my radio to the power antenna wire on the stock wiring harness. This should power the FM amplifier whenever the radio is on, but I am now trying to diagnose why my reception is worse than the OEM radio. The REM OUT from the radio says it is designed for powering stereo amps, but warns that it can only drive 0.4 Amps. At 12V, this should be 4.8W to drive the FM Amplifier. I have read the service manual and there is basically no information about the FM Amplifier (specs, etc). Does anyone know how much power (in watts) the Amplifier draws? Is reception worse because I am under powering the FM Amplifier? Should I be driving the FM Amplifier directly from the ignition controlled power lead which would be a lot more power.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.