Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nothing has been terribly wrong but Im pretty attuned to engine noise/vibration thats out of the norm.

Ive noticed a couple things, could be nothing. But it doesn't hurt to ask.
I notice that when I have my wheel turned almost all the way there is a noticeable vibration I can feel through the steering wheel
In addition today when I hopped in my car I went to turn the wheel back to straight from complete rotation and it knocked my tach down almost 300 rpm each time I would turn the wheel a little bit. I tested it a couple times by turning the wheel a little and letting go and it kept dropping the rpms. It didn't stop happening until the car idled for about a minute. It was already warm when I hopped in though, I had just made a quick stop.

I haven't checked the power steering fluid level or checked for the tires rubbing (stock size). Ill have to investigate the situation some more but until then I was curious if anyone had these symptoms before any major ps failures.

thanks
daniel

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Dan,

Start with a change of the rear differential fluid, if you have not done so already. Then change the Power steering fluid. That can't hurt.

In my opinion you may have more than one issue. However, The drop in RPM's is not all that unusual in any brand of car.

Dom

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Dom.five has the right idea.

I'd lay even money on the rear diff. being the source of the low speed turn vibration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts