Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power steering is making a whining noise and is foaming up in the reservoir. It is not leaking, and only does it when it is below 0 Celsius. I have checked the hose clamps and also replaced the return hose. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
MM 2005 EX, AT southwest WI
582 Posts
My power steering is making a whining noise and is foaming up in the reservoir. It is not leaking, and only does it when it is below 0 Celsius. I have checked the hose clamps and also replaced the return hose. Any help would be appreciated.
When you replaced the return hose did you check/replace the o-ring there? It should be red, Honda part number 91345-RDA-A01. The original non-viton one let air in and caused foaming/noise and was updated to the viton one. It might be worse at cold temperatures. If I knew the year of your E I could be a bit more specific in the answer. Since the forum is poached wrt that, having it in your signature helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marv,
Mine is a 2005. Can I get the oring on Rock Auto or is it a dealer item only?

·
Registered
MM 2005 EX, AT southwest WI
582 Posts
Thanks Marv,
Mine is a 2005. Can I get the oring on Rock Auto or is it a dealer item only?
Mine is a 2005 also and did not have the updated o-ring. I had some noise but not bad. No foaming. I don't see it loose on RA. I got mine from an online Honda dealer, part of another order, $2 or $3. ebay shows the GalpinHonda price at $3.15, 3 day free shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2011-Honda-ODYSSEY-Genuine-OEM-Power-Steering-Pump-O-Ring-91345-RDA-A01/132228334767?hash=item1ec96c44af:g:aOUAAOSwPhdVDFwE

·
Registered
14 Posts
My power steering is also making the same noise and getting foamy in the resovoir. Recently did a flush and only took of the hoses at the resovoir so not sure the oring will help. I did notice I put just a tad too much fresh fluid in its a little over the max line. It doesn't make the noise after the engine gets warm also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts