Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have 2003 honda element and I have been having an issue with my driver side power window. When using the auto up the window goes up for a second or two and then it lowers back down. I saw the post: here however it happens all of the time and has nothing to do with the temperature. If you could point me in the direction of what part needs to be replaced ect.. I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I don't have the in-channel window visors. I'll check for an obstruction; however, I know once or twice the window was stopped while it was going up automatically, and it automatically lowered. I was under the impression this may have broke some mechanism in the door.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If the window hits something it will stop and then go down a couple of inches. Usually means something is in the track or even a section of it is extra sticky. Try to take note but it probably happens at the same point when the window goes up. When it does try and clean that part of the channel and see if it still happens.

·
Registered
962 Posts
No, I don't have the in-channel window visors. I'll check for an obstruction; however, I know once or twice the window was stopped while it was going up automatically, and it automatically lowered. I was under the impression this may have broke some mechanism in the door.
I've noticed that sometimes on hotter days mine will do this. I think the door seals swell a bit sometimes and it causes the window to do this (no biggie).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts