Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
powered antenna

what is it, an electronic doodad box to enhance the incoming signal?
where is it?

after having the system installed and having the aux power to the blue wire the signal im getting doesnt seem near waht it was prior to the new HU installation...

·
12,179 Posts
A powered antenna is one that goes up and down when the radio is turned on. You don't have one.

That is not always case. I would consider that to be a telescoping antenna. The Element does have a powered antenna....but not in the sense that you are thinking of.

·
12,179 Posts
powered antenna

what is it, an electronic doodad box to enhance the incoming signal?
where is it?

after having the system installed and having the aux power to the blue wire the signal im getting doesnt seem near waht it was prior to the new HU installation...

Have you looked at the sticky threads at the top of this furm by bigal205? There is a lot of good info there on after market installs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks
I wasnt thinking of a telescoping antenna as the elements do not have one

I have looked but it doesn't tell if there is a small electronic box somewhere in the suv.

everything is hooked up as per ..wondering if axing the power antenna lead off of the hu to a accessory power lead off of the hu.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Powered antenna is an amplified antenna to boost the incoming signal. People use them in areas where there's a lot of interference or they live just far enough outside the range of their favorite radio station.

They can be picked up at pretty much any stereo shop for about $20-30

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info but im wondering where its located in the suv or if there is a pic of one

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
the antenna amplifier in the element is built into the antenna assembly on the roof. there is not a seperate "box" or amplifier like some vehicles have. you usually will not get as good of reception with an aftermarket radio as you will with the factory even when the antenna amp is getting power like it should. if you pick up any AM channels at all then chances are it is powered up and the tuner section in your aftermarket radio is just not as strong as the factory. what brand radio did you install?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
the only radios i know of that have ever gotten close to the reception on FM as a factory radio has been pioneer. sony has killer AM, and yes there are STILL people that want that believe it or not, but decreased sensitivity is part of the trade off for all the other bells and whistles that are part of the new radios.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts