Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, looks like this is my first post here. I currently own an old Subaru Forester and have been interested in the Honda Element for over a year now. I really love the versatility of the Element, and I know my dogs would love riding in it also.

The only thing I'll probably miss from my Forester are the heated mirrors and heated windshield strips under the wipers. Both of these features are extremely convenient in the rain and snow. That leads me to my first question here. Does Honda have any plans to bring something like that to the Element? If they don't, it's not going to change my mind about getting an Element in the future. I'm sure I can just put rain-x on the mirrors and be good to go, right?

The final question is whether Honda will continue making the Element. I know we all keep hearing how the automakers are in trouble due to the economic recession and how cutbacks are being made. But please tell me they won't discontinue it. Otherwise, I'll have to run out and get one asap!! Right now, I would prefer to wait until the next generation Element comes out (or until my Forester decides to not want to work anymore).

Thanks all!

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Hunts.

Honda won't put those sorts of accessories (valuable though they might be) on the Element; doesn't fit the marketing plan. As to whether there will be a "next" Element, who knows, so you might as well get one of the current generation.

Your dogs will love it, and so will you.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Tomorrow?

Don't worry about model termination. No one knows the future. New parts; used parts. They'll be available. New features? Naw. I wanted the seatbelts ON THE DOOR, so I was 'limited' to 2006 and earlier. [I HATE seat-bound shoulder belts...] Got a good one, too. If you get a good used unit, and take care of it, you should be able to ride for at least 12 - 15 years. That's how long I keep my used Hondas. Only reason for getting a 'new' one is a change of needs. I've not worn out any one of my 6 Hondas. So, the Forester has two very nice features that you will understandably miss if you let someone else get your unit. The wiper heater is a VERY NICE feature. I'll bet someone here with Scandinavian steam and Yankee ingenuity has already figured a way to mod this into the E. [And I'll give it a shot, when I find it on the EOC.] Welcome to the EOC, too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. It's great there is a place like this for both new people and veterans to share ideas and information. Interesting, I never noticed the seatbelt on the chair before. I guess it is a possible safety issue due to the configuration of the doors? Actually, I haven't even test driven or sat in the Element before. How can I go wrong with such a huge following here on this forum? Besides, I'm already used to the boat-like body-roll from my Forester.

My co-workers actually laughed at me when I told them I would like to get the Element if I won the lottery. We'll see who laughs when they try to move large items (like a 60" TV) in their sedans or sports cars. I'll pick versatility any day!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I was a pre-E newbie just a few months ago so I know where your coming from. All I can say is I liked the E when I was looking, I really liked it when I bought it and now it is a love affair:) I like it more everytime I drive it (or even look at it). Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Elementary Ed

LOVE the alias.
Wouldn't happen to be an "Elementary Ed" Educator in an E!???:lol:

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,829 Posts
The attainment of knowledge is what distinguishes us from all the other animals whose sole objective is the attainment of resources
All animals learn from experience. The continued belief in things that conflict with experience and knowledge and a need to impose those beliefs on others is what distinguishes man from all other animals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts