Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a 2007 SC and have been slowly going over the whole car to find any problems. Recently I found that there is a green plug under the dash next to the keyless entry receiver unit and it's not connected to anything. On top of that there is bundle of wires that's been dyked off.

Here's the pic, if anything looks familiar somebody let me know:

missing part.jpg

When I look at the parts fiche it looks like part number 8 is the missing unit that this green connector plugs into:

14scv7_b1310.jpg

The parts list below this skipped right over number 8 and did not list the part at all but I'm thinking it may be the brains of the keyless entry system. I do not have any fobs for the keyless entry so I've no idea if the system works or not but the electric locks still work fine. It appears as though the previous owner had an Auto paging system installed as there is a sensor taped to the side of the footwell just below this and a small antenna on my inner windshield near the A pillar on the driver's side.

Is it possible the previous owner pulled that part #8 out thinking it was part of his aftermarket security system? I'm probably going to be trying to figure out what all is aftermarket and what is stock for a while but the car drives fine so it's not too big of a deal.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
the keyless reciver is right behind your finger in the picture with the small green plug in the bottom. the plug in your hand is the factory security plug that most aftermarket alarms are tied into by installers. they probably just pulled the aftermarket unit out and left the shock sensor down in the kick where you found it. most people dont opt for the factory security cause it is an expensive option for what it is, but they are all prewired with the plug anyway. you have keyless now, just ask on here or go on ebay and gets some fobs and that will still work, or at least it should, cause the reciever for that is still there.

oh and cap off those cut wires, cause it could end badly if they ground out on something, like dome light or parking lights staying on, blown fuses, etc.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I figured it was the factory security. I'll cap them bishes off for sure. And I found the dome light housing was completely melted inside for some reason. He must've used some high wattage bulb or tapped off the hot wire for some other accessory. I had to pull it and clean all the contacts before it would even work, ugh.

I got this 5MT SC for a steal so I wasn't worried about little stuff like this. It didn't even come with a stereo, lol. I'll be getting everything ironed out very soon. Just put some 19" wheels on after having sold the gawd-awful 20" chromies that were on it. I'll post them up in the suspension and wheel thread at some point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts