Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let all know that we (dealers) received MSRP's on all Element models. Including 5spd EX 4WD's, EX side airbags and all models. Here they are:

MSRP

2WD EX SRS 5 spd - $19,360
2WD EX SRS Auto - $20,160
4WD DX 5 spd - $17,960
4WD EX 5spd - $20,510
4WD EX SRS 5spd - $20,760
4WD EX SRS Auto - $21,560

Shipping of 4WD models with manual transmissions will begin April 28, 2003. Shipping of models with the Side SRS airbag option will begin mid-May.

This is all I have so far. This is also based on a destination charge of $460, which is always subject to change with Honda. Hope this helps all those with vehicles on order or questions about MSRP and shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could you please verify the $20,965 for the EX 4wd 5sp w/o SRS? I think I believe the $20,760 with the SRS given the $800 delta from the Auto. Looks like $20,500 would be a more logical price.

·
Registered
540 Posts
supamann said:
4WD EX SRS Auto - $21,560

Precisely what this little Hellcat wants.

Supa, if I want the GG in this car, and it starts rolling in May, I buy in mid-May, will I get delivery before July 1?

I'm going to a conference in Seattle in Mid-July and thinking of....get ahold of this ... driving. Yep. Me and my doggie and 2200 miles each way.

Yes, I AM insane, why even ask?

No seriously, I want to have a car, bring my dog, and spend some time up there this summer because it's where I'm thinking of relocating.

So....ya think this might happen for me?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote:5540b8dd00="PeteA"]Could you please verify the $20,965 for the EX 4wd 5sp w/o SRS? I think I believe the $20,760 with the SRS given the $800 delta from the Auto. Looks like $20,500 would be a more logical price.[/quote:5540b8dd00]

Pete, sorry for the foul up. Not sure what I did wrong when adding up the price for the EX 5spd 4WD w/o SRS. It should be $20,510 indeed. I'll try and edit my post.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hellcat, it all depends on the actual build date for the E that you choose. If the build date is not later than mid June, you shouldn't have any trouble getting your E before your July 1 trip. So, if you put down your deposit in May before the dealer turns in their allocation, this is quite feasable. The best bet is to first find the dealer of choice and get the pricing all set and ask them about specific delivery, tell them of your planned road trip and ensure the build date is earlier than mid-June.

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:2fdfae1b4b="supamann"]Hellcat, it all depends on the actual build date for the E that you choose. If the build date is not later than mid June, you shouldn't have any trouble getting your E before your July 1 trip. So, if you put down your deposit in May before the dealer turns in their allocation, this is quite feasable. The best bet is to first find the dealer of choice and get the pricing all set and ask them about specific delivery, tell them of your planned road trip and ensure the build date is earlier than mid-June.[/quote:2fdfae1b4b]

Supercool!

Now, follow-up question.

Long ago, I heard that one gives a brand new car a break-in period of X # miles, in which one probably shouldn't drive too fast, nor too far, nor too long, and generally be gentle with it.

Is this still good advice for new car purchasers?

Perhaps I should think of getting the E ASAP, and broken in here in Dallas to give it a chance to have any funky little problem crop up, and be resolved, before I go off to the wild wilderness with just me, a dog, and our good intentions?

Thoughts? Supa? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thanks again, friends!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have heard many different views for breaking in cars. It's like the age old question in the car business. A technician that I really respect tells me, just drive it like you would and break it in normal. Says you want to mainly avoid driving at the same exact speed on cruise control, etc. But he also states that he has never seen any problems from taking a long road trip in a new car.

Many of our new car customers take long trips right after taking delivery. I have not yet heard of any one of them experiencing problems.

My advice I guess would be to get the E as soon as possible, for a couple reasons. As you mentioned, if you do have any little problems (rattles, squeaks, etc.) you want them handled before you drive yourself batty in the car for extended hours. You want to be completely comfortable with everything on your E and not searching for stuff and familiar with how it handles and all that. Plus, you get to start smiling that much sooner, riding around in your new E.

While breakin in your E, the only thing I have heard numerous times, is to vary your speeds some. This is much easier around town, etc. Hope that is an answer in some crazy fashion.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks a lot, supes...please also post the invoice prices when you get them.

Steve

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote:4c7bf2cb63="SteveO"]Thanks a lot, supes...please also post the invoice prices when you get them.

Steve[/quote:4c7bf2cb63]

SteveO, I will PM you when we receive the rest of the invoicing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.