Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that something isn't right and I need to replace something, just don't know what part needs to be replaced. Here's the issue and everything I have looked at.

The drivers lock will not work with the power door locks or my Viper remote. The ONLY way I can unlock or lock the drivers door is either by pressing the button down from inside or using the key on the outside.

When I press the button down, it DOES lock the passenger door and the hatch. The power button DOES lock/unlock the passenger and hatch locks.

I took the door apart and checked the wires, everything is connected. The rods are connected between everything too. I know it has to be something electrical, but don't know what it could be. Could it be the power door lock button at the drivers door? Is there some sort of a solenoid tucked behind the door that the button is connected to? I do see wires running down there, but don't see what they are connected to.

if anyone knows what the problem is, please let me know what exactly I need to purchase so I can repair this.

Thanks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
This diagram is for the passenger's side so the wire colors will be different, but the principle is the same.

Disconnect the cable from the actuator, connect one contact to ground, and briefly touch the other to positive. If the actuator is good, the solenoid will either move or simply click because it's already in the lock (or unlock) position. Reverse the polarity, and it should move the other way. If it does nothing, the actuator is bad.

Actuator works? Then bypass the switch. Its connector has three contacts; shunt the center to one side or the other. If the lock clicks, then the switch is the culprit. If it doesn't, there's something amiss between the door wiring and the ECU, or the ECU itself is being wonky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts