Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a problem with the key not turning in the ignition? Steering wheel not the problem. Drove the E this morning, went to leave again and the key won't turn forward. Sprayed some graphite in there thinking it might help, no luck :confused: has anybody else had problems with this? thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Element key in ignition won't move

Yes I have that problem too. I brought it to the dealer unfortunately they could not even look at it for the next 4 days. I drove it 3 stops before it did it and suddenly the key wouldn't turn. Yes I turned the steering wheel, jiggled it, made sure the car was in park etc. I called tripple A and the locksmith said he has seen many many of these problems witht tHe said its a mechanical failure inside the ignition switch and I would probably need it replaced! gh this is a 2006 Honda but I have exceeded the 36K miles so its not covered. I could not fnd a recall on the issue. When I told the dealer what the locksmith said he never heard of any problems!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Anybody have a problem with the key not turning in the ignition? Steering wheel not the problem. Drove the E this morning, went to leave again and the key won't turn forward. Sprayed some graphite in there thinking it might help, no luck :confused: has anybody else had problems with this? thanks!!
Are you looking to DIY or take it somewhere? You're probably looking at a new lock which unfortunately means new keys too. And a lot of $$$.

Pierre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts