Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone, having any problems with Yokohama Yk520 tire and vibration issues?

Honda Element 2005 AWD
235/65/16

The tire company has rebalanced the tires twice and also replaced them and the problem will not go away I still have a vibration in the steering wheel at 60mph?

I had the brakes replaced around the same time. I had to take them back and have them replaced because of noise issues? The shop that did the brakes stated that the rotors were warped due to over tightening of the wheels. They still did the work as warranty.

I still have the vibration issue any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I had those tires for about 55k with no problems. I would still have them but 1 tire had 3 nails in it and another had 2 nails and the other 2 were pretty worn so I swapped them out for pirrelli p6s. The only thing I noticed with the yokos was the high roll resistance and they got pretty noisy toward the end. Drew

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Anyone, having any problems with Yokohama Yk520 tire and vibration issues?

Honda Element 2005 AWD
235/65/16

The tire company has rebalanced the tires twice and also replaced them and the problem will not go away I still have a vibration in the steering wheel at 60mph?

I had the brakes replaced around the same time. I had to take them back and have them replaced because of noise issues? The shop that did the brakes stated that the rotors were warped due to over tightening of the wheels. They still did the work as warranty.

I still have the vibration issue any help would be appreciated.
Hello Longcast, What state do you live in? Have you taken them to a Discount Tire or America's tire?

·
Registered
7 Posts
front end viberation

Fixed my front end vibration by replacing the axels.
Have the Michs 2257016 LTX with 70k on them.
bill

·
Registered
121 Posts
I actually just had the YK520's put on last night.

I immediately noticed heavier vibration than usual this morning when I hit the 65-70mph range. I may stop back in later and get them rebalanced and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I actually just had the YK520's put on last night.

I immediately noticed heavier vibration than usual this morning when I hit the 65-70mph range. I may stop back in later and get them rebalanced and see if that helps.
Take them back and have the store rebalance them for you.

The YK520 is one of the best tires we sell and is highly reviewed by our customers so I'm surprised to see the issues here. I personally ran them on my Altima and never had a single issue.

If we can help more let us know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts