Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was out of town and had needed a new battery for awhile. I left the lights on while pumping gas and the battery died. I decided then and there to get a new one. I went to the nearest Wal- mart and bought what they had. That was in January.
The first of March My E started the lurching when downshifting to first and the shifter sticking in park. Those are the ONLY symptoms.
I asked before in a different thread about the symptoms, but just read soemthing about choosing the right battery. Could there be a connection?

'04 EX 4WD 68K miles

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
guess my question is............do different size car batteries give the same voltage for cars........
Car voltage is 99.9% standard 12 volts, it's a VERY VERY rare exception that uses anything different (at least of the cars I know). 12 volts is 12 volts no matter the source. It's like using different brands of AA batteries - they have to all give the same voltage to meet the AA spec. Where the big difference is is in amp-hours, but as long as the battery can turn the starter and start the car that's its primary function. Once the car is running the alternator provides primary power.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I didn't hear any mention of just -what- battery went under the hood. Pounding a group 24 in that teeny tiny little hole might've caused all sorts of problems and I wouldn't put it past the local Walmart people here to try it.

Is anything in the general area of the battery capable of causing troubles with the transmission shifting? A connection on a harness or a bad ground even?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's just a regular 12 volt battery.I know that 12 volts is 12volts and any battery will work as long as it turns the starter over. I thought I read on here that the "wrong" battery, whatever that means, may cause some problems.

Obviuosly this is not the case, but thanks for teying to help anyway. I don't know where to look anymore. I guess I'll have to let the dealer diagnose it for me.:-(

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts