Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently traded my 04 EX GGM for a new 08 EX TRP (tango red pearl). After taking it home I discovered both rear quarter panels and the lower part of the rear hatch is a different color from the rest of the E. These plastic panels are red in color and the rest of the E is cranberry colored. A noticeable difference in color. Stopped by the local Color Match paint store and the panels do not match any of the 3 color codes for TRP. I have checked out 6 other TRP E's in my local area and they all match. I am in the process of taking pix of all I run across. Have appointment with Honda Rep in early July. Local dealer says its because the fenders are plastic to which I replied the front fender panels are also plastic, why do they match?(dumb look on his part). No evidence of repaint on panels.

Anyone else have this problem? Would like to hear from all TRP owners.

Thanks Isn't this a great site?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have an '08 TRP, too. I love the color-think it's the best of the E colors. All of my panels match, that includes the "plastic" panels. I think you should insist that the panels either be replaced or repainted. That would bother the heck out of me. I'm sure it does you.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts