Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided yesterday to put on a coat of wax for the winter, it has been long over due. I washed up the E real nice like and I went to reach for my regular wax when I remembered I had a bottle of Tech Wax 2.0 sitting on the shelf that I had never used. Man was I impressed!! It went on very easy and came off with moderate elbow power. The results were amazing IMO. I can't remember how much it was but it was worth every penny. McGuire's Tech Wax is an excellent product. I have limited funds so this was a good buy for me and I'm sure you guys and gals will love it too. :-D
The pic is a tad grainy but it was late. Notice the extreme shine from the paint in reference to the driveway and the chair….amazing!!

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
sharp! Shine bright like a diamond... shine bright... can't get that song out of my head.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah, I used Tech Wax Nxt 2.0 as well. Works great. I switch to Ultimate Wax because it seemed easier to apply and remove, as well as not leaving residue on black bumpers.

Use with drill mounted Meg's oribital buffer, awesome!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Wax is wax.
The magical shine that everybody is wishing to achieve will come from prepping the paint first. It is done with a electric machine. The paint is polished and buffed smooth. The oxidized layer of scratched paint is removed. Then any wax will bring out the showroom shine.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wax is wax.
The magical shine that everybody is wishing to achieve will come from prepping the paint first. It is done with a electric machine. The paint is polished and buffed smooth. The oxidized layer of scratched paint is removed. Then any wax will bring out the showroom shine.
It really depends on how neglected the surface is. If the car isn't too dirty to begin with, a plain ol' washing and waxing with an all-in-one product like Tech-Wax 2.0 is fine. But if the surface has more contamination and ultimate shine is desired, it would be better to use separate paint cleaning, polishing, and waxing products.

·
Registered
2008 EX Fiji Blue
5 Posts
So i have recently acquired my E from the original owner, who is a very close friend. I am pretty convinced he has never waxed it, after washing it the paint is still very dull, I am at a loss as to what i should do first? Clay bar? compound? Any help appreciated, i would like to make my E look its best!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts