Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had planned on this before they asked us to all stay home. I had the supplies but I have finally gotten down to work. I'm no expert with a sewing machine but each one seems a little better than the previous. I have covers for all windows except the windshield. I think I will probably do some sort of curtain there, or a regular sun shade. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had planned on this before they asked us to all stay home. I had the supplies but I have finally gotten down to work. I'm no expert with a sewing machine but each one seems a little better than the previous. I have covers for all windows except the windshield. I think I will probably do some sort of curtain there, or a regular sun shade. Enjoy.
Also breaking out the sewing machine. Will try to teach my learning delayed daughter how to sew face masks for hospital. Have to learn how to do it first myself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Otter, I took your post to heart and watching tutorials. I think JoAnn's has a kit I can pick up with everything I will need. Let me know if it's as easy as it looks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought some material at Walmart - one has cats on it and the other is green camouflage. Also bought some elastic. Hope to start at end of the week. Will let you know how it goes. One tutorial said to cut up HEPA vacuum bags for the inner material.

·
Registered
27 Posts
wanted to do this, but would have to buy a sewing machine. didn't really make sense since in don't think i'd use it for anything else. i ordered from a guy in the element group on fb instead.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That looks well made though. I haven't decided what to do during this isolation but this gives me an idea.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@fischer I started with cardboard and snipped here and there. Then when I was close I traced it to the reflectix and did the final trim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts