Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm japanese and I drive a Ford Bronco... to be honest, i feel like im in hell driving that car, but to carry all my buddies (or a bunch of girls) is cool. When I saw the element, i wanted it!! The dealership gave me the demo (4x4 ex) to try overnight, so I took it to work. On the way home I pulled up to a 97 honda accord (raced out). the driver threw some revs, I laughed. The light turn green and I launched.. I got the jump and he kept up until I got into 4th then 5th and i started to pull away. I got it to about 115mph (didn't want to break it only had 52 miles on it) .Well, that convinced me enough to by the car. I pick up my nighthawk e-type in 15 day and I have 2 credit cards for mods. only thing is, you can't find a damn thing! no intake, no headers, no exhaust.....my goal is to bump up the stock 160hp to over 200hp. i know the 2.4 I-L4 ivtec is the same as the 03 CRV...but there is nothing for that either... basically I'm looking for shops or people to make custom parts for my Element. any help would be appriciated!!

Parts on Order:
19" enkeni rims (gun metal gray) wrapped in neo-gens from nitto (uhhh!!)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
[quote:bad9f3b5cd="ronstoppable"]I'm japanese and I drive a Ford Bronco... to be honest, i feel like im in hell driving that car, but to carry all my buddies (or a bunch of girls) is cool. When I saw the element, i wanted it!! The dealership gave me the demo (4x4 ex) to try overnight, so I took it to work. On the way home I pulled up to a 97 honda accord (raced out). the driver threw some revs, I laughed. The light turn green and I launched.. I got the jump and he kept up until I got into 4th then 5th and i started to pull away. I got it to about 115mph (didn't want to break it only had 52 miles on it) .Well, that convinced me enough to by the car. I pick up my nighthawk e-type in 15 day and I have 2 credit cards for mods. only thing is, you can't find a damn thing! no intake, no headers, no exhaust.....my goal is to bump up the stock 160hp to over 200hp. i know the 2.4 I-L4 ivtec is the same as the 03 CRV...but there is nothing for that either... basically I'm looking for shops or people to make custom parts for my Element. any help would be appriciated!!

Parts on Order:
19" enkeni rims (gun metal gray) wrapped in neo-gens from nitto (uhhh!!)[/quote:bad9f3b5cd]

the element (and cr-v) use the k24a4 engine. you can swap out the cams and other components with the k24a2 enginge from the acura TSX... it could bump you all the way up to 200 without intake or exhaust... (the k24a2 puts out 200hp stock)

·
Advertiser/Technical Writer
153 Posts
But, is the configuration the same? The difference between the K20A3 and the A2 isn't just cams. It's the Vtec (when and where it engages), compression, etc.

Does anyone know what the specific differences between the TSX and Element motors are?

Steve

·
Registered
42 Posts
I haven't gotten into the whole process yet,, but so far the hurdles are as follows:

- Different Cylinder Head
- Different Compression Ratio
- Different Transmission

You could just drop a TSX engine into a Element but... the software on the ECU is a probelm, you can't just put a TSX ECU into a E. The transmission program is on the ECU and is setup for a 5speed Auto-Stick that is in the TSX, not to mention that the new K series ECU's control a lot more of the car than the old B series used to. This creates all sorts of new probelms.

As for mod's for the element, camshafts would be nice,but they aren't gonna show up for a while. The easiest and first step would be to encourage Hondata to work on decoding the ECU, I have heard that they are taking a serious look at it. They already decoded the RSX's ECU and managed to get a flatter torque curve and better gas mileage with out any other mods. Cause in today's engines, it doesn't matter if you strap on $30,000 worth of parts, it's all useless if you don't have the software upgraded.

·
153 Posts
They also did the Si (K20A3). However the gains were dismal IMO. 10hp with an increased redlined and revlimiter. Not worth the $500 price tag.

I'd rather see JR come out with an SC for this car. It would be the best power adder since roots based chargers are known for adding torque. (Something that most Hondas need and respond well to.)

Steve

·
Registered
493 Posts
In my HUMBLE opinion, you should have been arrested ON THE SPOT! for driving like that in a new 52 miles only on the OD, Element. NOW, you want to mod it more so you can go faster and prolly wind up a statistic! I will prolly read about you in a paper, somewhere, racing some other sleazy dude in a riced out Honda who had no brains. HOW DISGUSTING!

Ger

·
Registered
24 Posts
Buddy, let me ask you. What is your beef with people who customize their cars? It it not their car? They have a right to do whatever they want to do to their vehicle. I personally have never customized any car but I don't see how anyone on this forum especially, can critize others for how their cars look. We love elements, and although we love them, most people think they are fugly. Don't you think that we should therefore have more tolerance for the external appearance of other cars?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Harsh, please excuse, but I have no beef with people customizing their cars. I am customizing mine myself, albeit only moderately, and other E owners are customizing theirs to a greater degree. What I am having a crap hemmorrage about is the gentleman who "test drove" an E overnight, and "test drove" it to extreme speeds which are considered dangerous and did not have the right to do so to a new E. He then preceded to tell us what he is going to do with the engine to get more horsepower so he can race faster and so he can be more dangerous with other speed freaks. And you know what happens to speed freaks when they get together. So what if he wants to customize his car to any degree? So what if he wants to upgrade his engine to whatever degree. It is just his freaking attitude of the way he "test drove" the loaned E to him and no doubt the way he will continue to drive his horsepowered UP Element when he gets it. Why do I say this? Because I live in California where I see too many "riced out" and "riced up" cars, some of whom have the capability to exceed the speed limit and exceed normal reacting brains.

And that should be the end of THAT!

Ger

·
153 Posts
I'm against street racing BIG TIME. But just because he ran an Accord and wants some performance mods for his "E" doesn't mean that he's some pagan anti-christ.

I agree that ragging on dealer cars is kinda of shitty, but how else is he going to know if the car suits his style of driving. That's what test drives are for.

Again, street racing is just plain idiotic. Keep it on the track.

Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just for the record.... the race i was in was not intended to abuse the right of test driving a car, but a spur of the moment judgement call. If some one throws a rev at you...there is a small part of you that wants to blow his/or her doors off, no matter what car you drive! It's called "exibition of speed". If going fast doesn't get your blood pumpin you should be a pedestrian..or ride a bike. On the topic of upgrading my car.... I say,mind your own business!! I don't tell you what to do, so don't tell me! but here's some food for thought.... I'm doing my homework right now to see if i can squeeze a RSX-Type S in the engine bay of my element! hehe! Honda's are like legos...you can take them apart and change things! Honda's are only half built, that's why there are so cheap and there's so many aftermarket parts! For those who don't like what I'm saying, rip the lace off your panties and be a man!

Ronstoppable *aka* BoOyaKa!

·
Registered
155 Posts
What you do to mod your own car isn't anyone's business but your own. What you do with it on the roads you share with others most certainly is.

·
Registered
163 Posts
[quote:7b9dd5450f="ronstoppable"]The dealership gave me the demo (4x4 ex) to try overnight, so I took it to work. On the way home I pulled up to a 97 honda accord (raced out). the driver threw some revs, I laughed. The light turn green and I launched.. I got the jump and he kept up until I got into 4th then 5th and i started to pull away. I got it to about 115mph (didn't want to break it only had 52 miles on it) .[/quote:7b9dd5450f]

EX 4wd, for now, only come in automatic. It is only a four speed!!! No fifth gear. This guy doesn't know much about what he is driving if he thought he was in fifth gear. Plus, you aren't very smart going that fast during the "break in" period.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Truth to tell, my GalaGreenBullPup has - like my two previous Auto Tranny
buggies - the auto trans TORQUE CONVERTER LOCK-UP feature which on all
three vehicles shifts into the last little rpm-dropping/engine quiets down a little LOCK INTO A NEW OVERALL LOWER GEAR RATIO. The downshift into this true 5th ratio - which is really more like a short OVERDRICE ratio -
can be a little harder to detect, but it's always there, especially the upshift
which normally occurs under light throttle pressure around 52-56mph.
So, CHEERS, all o' God's E-children automatics got the 5th gear/overdrive
blessing. Tblask SF Bay Area beepbeep

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
[quote:8dc1fe1d8a="ronstoppable"]just for the record.... the race i was in was not intended to abuse the right of test driving a car, but a spur of the moment judgement call. If some one throws a rev at you...there is a small part of you that wants to blow his/or her doors off, no matter what car you drive! It's called "exibition of speed". If going fast doesn't get your blood pumpin you should be a pedestrian..or ride a bike.

Ronstoppable *aka* BoOyaKa![/quote:8dc1fe1d8a]

I wasn't aware that elementary school kids were allowed to drive. And I sure don't see how a little tiny ego that's so egged on by a driver revving can have good judgement.
Your exhibition of a speed of 115 on a public road in dumb enough--in a car with you you are unfamiliar with handling characteristics it was idiotic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts