Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought these Projector Headlights?

I would do a proper retrofit, but working 2 jobs and having to spend family time during my 1 day off a week is making it unrealistic for me achieve this. These seem like a great and quick alternative for me.

Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Dunno, but the link you used has an EXTREMELY inflated price tag. They're running around $100 plus cheaper on Ebay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn't spend that amount of money on that kind of projector headlights.

Save your money and get a real one. If you don't have the time to do a retrofit. I would recommend getting the Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors from TRS http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3181. These projectors are way better than the one you asked about.

The Mini H1 Projectors are Bi-Xenon and it requires no cutting at all. Just open the headlights housing and put the projectors on then use the locking nuts that comes with the projectors to lock it in place. Close the headlights back and your done. I say it takes less than 4 hours total for both headlights.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dunno, but the link you used has an EXTREMELY inflated price tag. They're running around $100 plus cheaper on Ebay.
Yeah I just didn't want to post an eBay link.

And it probably would only take 4 hours if I had a garage...but I live in a condo, so I wouldn't be able to do it where I live which would add to the time. Believe me, I would do a proper retrofit if I had the time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wouldn't spend that amount of money on that kind of projector headlights.

Save your money and get a real one. If you don't have the time to do a retrofit. I would recommend getting the Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors from TRS http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3181. These projectors are way better than the one you asked about.

The Mini H1 Projectors are Bi-Xenon and it requires no cutting at all. Just open the headlights housing and put the projectors on then use the locking nuts that comes with the projectors to lock it in place. Close the headlights back and your done. I say it takes less than 4 hours total for both headlights.
Excuse my lack of experience but...
Are these Plug and Play or do I need to buy the ballasts, etc?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did some digging and found an EOC member that bought the headlights.
August 2012 ROTM Nomination

Looks pretty good with the black on black, but seeing as I have a SMM, i dont know how it would turn out. Still can't find anything on the build quality tho, and thats my biggest concern.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Excuse my lack of experience but...
Are these Plug and Play or do I need to buy the ballasts, etc?
Its some what plug and play. Yes, you will need a ballasts for the Morimoto Mini H1 projectors, because it takes the H1 HID bulbs.

This is a write up http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332861&highlight=morimoto for the Morimoto Mini H1 projectors on a Honda Prelude. But its basically the same concept to retrofit on our E.

The projectors require little or no cutting at all.

Here's the relay harness for the Bi-xenon to work: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=14027

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have seen these same projector lights and they say they won't fit on my 2008. Does anyone know if they would fit without a issue???
I would love these projector lights but I want to make sure they will fit before I buy them!
Thanks for your help!

·
EOC Rank: Registered
200 Posts
I have seen these same projector lights and they say they won't fit on my 2008. Does anyone know if they would fit without a issue???
I would love these projector lights but I want to make sure they will fit before I buy them!
Thanks for your help!

All 2003-2008 non-SC headlamps are interchangable.

The only difference is the 2007-2008's are "blacked" out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Awesome thanks KoolBlue!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
myelement1,

have you found any info one what bulbs these use? I've seen them on eBay and they're paired with H7 bulbs. Post pics if you order them!

·
Registered
127 Posts
these projector lights are just LED not HID, on ebay it says H7 bulb. They also say "These headlights are can be upgraded to Xenon HID headlights with our HID conversion kit."
"jdminnovation" on ebay has them for $295.... I have found them for as low as $245 (off of a Amazon search) so that isn't that bad of a price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts