Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying an SC and would like some experienced perspective on the pros and cons of the SC.
Your thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here are the pros and cons I see in my SC.

PROS:
Painted body panels, even though the paint on mine is pretty much crap.
Center console
Carpet
Nice wheels
Awesome factory audio system
Attracts alot of attention and good comments

CONS:
Rides a little stiff due to factory tires and suspension.
The factory "Goodyears" suck. I changed mine out and it made a great improvement.
Again, the paint on my Silver SC is about 3 different shades of Silver.
The chrome exhaust finisher looks cheap. I purchased a larger diameter one at the local parts store, looks a lot better.
The drivers side carpet floor mat wears out too quickly. Buy a set of the new rubber mats.

Some of the teenagers around here make fun of my "toaster", but it is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am interested in buying an SC and would like some experienced perspective on the pros and cons of the SC.
Your thoughts are appreciated.
My .02 (Cons)

1) only a 4 seater

2) suicide doors in a parking lot make getting out (especially a carseat for a child) very difficult

I knew these things before purchasing, and still love it

greg

·
Registered
317 Posts
My .02 (Cons)

1) only a 4 seater

2) suicide doors in a parking lot make getting out (especially a carseat for a child) very difficult

I knew these things before purchasing, and still love it

greg
This is just an Element in general complaint, not SC specific. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pro: the styling is different enough to make me feel like I have a special edition. The color, RBM, has generated a lot of praise from people

Con: The steering wheel control doesn't have a track back button, only a track forward button (though that is an element thing in general)

·
Registered
523 Posts
CONS:
Rides a little stiff due to factory tires and suspension.
The factory "Goodyears" suck. I changed mine out and it made a great improvement.
Again, the paint on my Silver SC is about 3 different shades of Silver.
The chrome exhaust finisher looks cheap. I purchased a larger diameter one at the local parts store, looks a lot better.
The drivers side carpet floor mat wears out too quickly. Buy a set of the new rubber mats.
I think the Goodyear problem is a Honda Element issue, not unique to the SC.
The exhaust is the same as all other trim lines as well.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Pros: console, interior designing, radio, entire body, rims, awesome headlights( add hid's its awesome), carpet, ect.

Cons: paint chips easily on fenders, semi-expensive tires.

I love my SC, and its great when atleast 3 times a week I get asked what kind of Scion is that, and I say " it not a crappy Scion, its a Honda Element SC." Then they always ask me what SC stands for, "Scion Cremater."

·
Registered
575 Posts
The SC doesn't come in 4wd correct? That was a the kicker for me.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The SC doesn't come in 4wd correct? That was a the kicker for me.
I like the SC from the inside POV.

In fact that, I went out and purchased all the inside parts plus the SC seats.

I'll have mine re-skined with real leather.:cool:

Plus I like my 4 Wheel Drive.:lol:

Don't get me wrong - the SC still has alot of style to kick.;-)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pro's

1. You don't pass yourself on the way to work
2. People think you modded a Element
3. Decent stereo
4. Semi refined (carpet)

Con's

1. No 4-wheel drive
2. No sunroof
3. Plastic finishes are craptacular (especially the door panels on the rear doors)

Its a Honda, it starts every morning, has a little style, don't see them on every corner (reference pro #1 above)

enjoy.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Pro's

That is probably one of my favorite "pros". Except for the one guy I know that has one (and bought it after seeing mine) I hardly ever see them no matter where I go.

Things that I consider a con are not a con really to me, just complaints from people about my car..the back seats are hard to get into for older folks (i.e. my parents) and its a pretty bumpy ride back there...but that is not an SC specific complaint. I drive 99% just me and my wife so the back 2 seats are just there for occasional use.

Visually its all the changes of the SC that do it for me. It's not totally different but there is enough changed that make it look different enough that I liked it. That's really the only appeal to the SC, the drivetrain and the rest of the car is the same (more or less)

·
Registered
393 Posts
One thing to consider, that's hardly mentioned, is that the turning radius is not as tight on the SC.

I used to have an EX. The turning radius feels about 2 feet tighter. I miss that! I still prefer the SC, though. The turning radius is still far-and-away tighter than most other vehicles on the road.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all your input. The pros outweigh the cons and confirm my decision to buy the 07 SC. Now if anyone has some leads for a silver SC with mods I can join the club.
Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Pro's

- Great headlights (just ordered the OEM fogs too)
- Painted body panels
- Decent sound system
- Carpet

Con's

- No 4x4
- No sunroof
- Ride comfort in the rear seat is not good (you literally feel every little bump in the road (probably OEM Goodyears though)

Not sure the wife is ready to get rid of it yet, but we do have the color you are looking for. We have non-OEM back-up sensors installed and the following OEM stuff from H and A:

- Security System
- Fog Lights
- Leather Shift Knob
- Center Console Dividers

It came the dealer with OEM all-weather floor mats, splash guards, and wheel locks. Close to 50K, but we purchased the transferrable 120K or 8yr Honda Care warranty.

-Wardster

·
Registered
22 Posts
We have an 07 Root Beer Metallic SC, and have had it for about 5 months now.. we LOVE it. My wife was driving an 06 Toyota Rav4 Limited 4wd (with the 280hp V6), which was quick as hell for a mid-sized SUV, but in the 3 yrs we had it, we never needed the 4wd... so going to a 2wd Element made sense for us.. she loves the fact that she often gets told what a nice looking car she drives now, and even some of the 'car guys' she works with appreciate it.. the fact that in the time we've had it, we have only seen one other RBM SC is a bonus.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Silver SC for sale on the trading post for under 17k.

Pro's

enjoy.
I passed myself on my way home from work the other day. Galaxy Grey SC. His was stock, and I was passing him. Point me!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts