Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just successfully waxed my Element without getting wax on the panels. What should I used to protect the panels from fading and/or scratching :?:

I am also researching how to paint the panels. Anyone have any good tips on how to do that :?: I think I read somewhere you have to put an extra ingredient into the paint to make the paint/panels not so flimsy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am also trying to get my pannels painted to match. Every paint/body shop, Honda body shop, won't touch it. I saw somwhere a Flex agent that was mixed with auto paint. They put it on a bouncy ball. When it dried, they squooshed it and bounced it. It didn't crack. The Studio E is painted, so why won't they paint my pannels????????????

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
The problem isn't that the paint needs to be stronger, it's that it needs to be flexible so that it wont crack or peal when the panel flexes. another problem is that the same paint applied to different plastics can look differnt when dry, the color may match, but the sheen may vary, etc. This also makes it difficult to match with metal parts.

It's not that it's impossible, but the shops may not have experience working with the materials involved and may not be sure they can get a good match with the factoy paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.