Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just haven't been happy with what's avail arm rest wise for our Element. Used some 1x10, 1x2, and 1x8 to fashion one that would hold my coffee cup and both my wife and my own arms! Right height too. Looks like it could really be added to if one has the right amount of inspiration.

I built it to set in the recesses in the little console already there as I have leased this Element and don't want to mess up the interior.

Used some carpet found at Walmart though I seriously considered using foam for padding and Naugahyde for a covering. But the vacation was coming up and I used what I had.

I also used the same type of carpet 'cut and fitted' for floor mats in the front. They don't slide around and didn't run a hundred bucks either :)

Pictures can be seen at: http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33bb89bc4cf&notag=1

Would love to see what some of you 'inspired' owners can come up with in the DYI area of arm rests. [/img]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
went aftermarket and I think it works well. I would like a little more room for my arm. I might but another stock arm rest and attatch it to the existing one to add some hight.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yesterday I got my armrest installed. I got the driver's armrest with storage. So far it seems to be working out great. There isn't as much storage in the armrest as in my Ranger, but it's still pretty good. What I really like about it though is that it's much wider than the dinky one that came with it. I've only been driving this thing since Saturday and I was getting really fed up with that thin thing they call an armrest.

However, it's really in the way when I do up my seatbelt. You can move it out of the way easily but it's irritating until I get used to it. Anyone else get the storage armrest?

·
Registered
24 Posts
MistyMills said:
Yesterday I got my armrest installed.

I'm a newbie. Just got my new '05. Also hate the stupid little armrest (love just about everything else). Where are you folks getting things like this? I've been trying to access a "Store" and having no luck, at least not through my dealer's website.

eagle37

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I'll second that. H and A is fast, has good priceing, and helpful. I have used them for some of the Items on my E and CRV. You can't go wrong !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts