Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just traded my wife's Yukon for the"E". My wife loves it and of course she had to have 4WD. I was prepared to get the Avalanche Z71 but my wife fell in love with this fridge on wheels. As a GM fan, you know buy American for those who died at Pearl Harbor, I am being converted by all the cool "E" ownwers.
I would like to get a portable monitor or TV for my kids to do the PS2 or gamecube thing while I drive to Lake Martin Ala. for a week on the lake.
If anyone has info or suggestions please inform me of the best application.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The Element is made in Ohio.
The Odyssey is made in Alabama.
Can't help you with your animals though. I raised mine to behave and I taught 'em how to read.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I bought a toshiba 9" tv/dvd combo from Amazon marketplace in Like New condition for $220. The thing wedges between the 2 front seats perfectly, giving the back seat passengers a good view. It also has the RCA IN jacks on the front, which will allow a ps2/xbox/gamecube (in my case) to be plugged in to the rear power jack. A bunch of wires everywhere, but this kid doesnt mind :)

Oh yeah, the tv works beautifully. DVD didnt skip a bit. Plugged into the stereo, gladiator sounded like I was watching it in the theatre.

Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005MITL/102-2865181-1812956?v=glance

·
Registered
106 Posts
Plazoinka, can't help you on the DVD thing, but I couldn't help but jump in with Kayakin'Dan to make this point:
the Avalanche is built at the Silao Assembly Plant; Silao, Mexico.
The Element is built at the East Liberty Assembly Plant, Marysville Ohio.

And i know, at the top of the foodchain is a very wealthy Japanese man instead of a very wealthy man in Detroit, but by buying the Element you are helping to employ lots and lots of Americans. Instead of a bunch of Mexicans.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Is it legal to mount a TV in the front overhead compartment? I thought you can only mount a tv in the middle/rear of the roof?

enlighten me :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
the law basicly states that a tv can be mounted any where but can not be on and visable to the driver while the vehicle is being driven

·
Registered
53 Posts
While I'd never do this I did see a kid in a Chevy S-10 with the LCD in the passenger visor. Has a video game hooked up and the visor was mounted reverse so that the pivot was on the left side. He had it turned towards himself in the drivers seat playing a game. Very funny to see, very dangerous to do.I'm gonna try to get what you got for the back so my kids can ruin their brain even more with dvd while I drive. :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a local installer (Northern KY / Greater Cincy area) put in a 7" lcd diplay roof display with dvd player. They also installed an inverter and video cables for the ps2. No need to worry about dc power.

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote:de5de74977="cincywho"]I had a local installer (Northern KY / Greater Cincy area) put in a 7" lcd diplay roof display with dvd player. They also installed an inverter and video cables for the ps2. No need to worry about dc power.[/quote:de5de74977]

Hi Cincywho,

I live just east of you by a couple of hours and am getting my E probably within the month (as soon as Kia takes back their lemony sedona.)

Could you give me the name of place that installed your dvd player? That is an option that will be added to my E before our first long trip and I would like to price and start saving for it. Cincy and Columbus are about equal trips for stuff like this and I know I'll have to go out of town to have it done.

Thanks for any help...

bex

·
Registered
424 Posts
My local installer are offering a "15" LCD/DVD system for $995.00 < roof mount >! I didn't think their was something bigger than the "7" version, but i was wrong :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.