Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched with the words "tow point" but that just brings up discussions of actual towing. I was "this" close to going into a ditch yesterday and wondered where would a tow truck or a helpful civilian with a 4WD vehicle actually latch on under my E in front or in back. Only "towing" just enough to get me out of a ditch.

I did come across mention of two "hooks" under the front and one under the back but the discussions did not proceed with "and yup, that's where you want the vehicle helping you to hook on to to get your out of the ditch". I'd like to know how to go about this now so I'll know how to deal with this when the time comes. Thanks.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Is this the wrong forum to be asking my question?
Na, I don't think so. I've never had to unditch or unpasture my E so I have no perfectly relevant experience but what I have done to inch a large downed tree out of the woods edge is to use two 20 foot tow straps, one to each front tow loop to make a triangular 'yoke' and distribute the force a bit. Then some 3/4" poly rope and caution. I do the same with my 25 yr old 'woodvan' but there the only attachment points left are the rear spring shackles;)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I got stuck in sand at Big Bend here in Texas a few years back. Thankfully a kind Samaritan with a small truck attached a chain to my rear tow hitch loop (which I had never used) and pulled me out that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts