Honda Element Owners Club banner

Did you get the Element for your Pup/Dog (s)?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We seem to have alot of people with pups here.. I would like a roll call of either the pup who was your inspiration for getting the Element.. or what reason did you choose to adopt your Element?

I have a 4 year old Border Collie, he is too darn cute!
Meet Streak! (yep this photo is him in the back of my Element, looking out, in perfect posture!) :

He is the best pup on earth, really, it is true! He is comfortable in any vehicle as long as we are together, but I liked the washable interior so when we hit the muddy trail i don't have to cringe with the velour and carpetting!

I also just fell in love with the Element, it seems like it was made for me, it was the vehicle I have been waiting for!

I would love to hear about (and perhaps see a photo of) your pup(s), his/her name(s) & age(s)!!

Next..

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think I was a little selfish. I loved the car so much I bought it for me :(
But it worked out for Daisy (my Daisy Maisy) Because she is going to absolutely love this car! And nothing brings me more joy than to see her happy :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
We wanted a SUV that we could have the dogs with us, without worrying about all the carpet, and other issues. Most of the small SUV's just did not have the room.

We have 3 dogs, a fat yellow lab (Maple who is 6), an Alaskan Malamute (Lakota who is 5), and a Shep/Whipit mix who is all white with a touch of tan on her ears (she is 3 and her name is Winter).

They love the Element with the seats down, and a blanket over the seats. They have pleny of room, and each has their own window. They share the skylight. :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I looked for nearly 2 years for a car that would fit our style with dogs. I wanted to be able to sleep in the car at times and since we hike a lot, the car needed to be able to handle dirty dogs. We went to the Seattle Auto show in 2002 and came away finding nothing that I really liked. The only car I liked was the HUMMER. We were coming close to buying an older Toyota Landcruiser, early '90 had a window that opened in the very back and seats that fold up like the ones in the Element. The Land Cruiser idea was OK, but they are gas hogs and buying a ten year old car did not thrill me

I came home from work one evening in early Dec. and my hubby said, "I've found our car!" He had bee watching TV and see an snippet on the Speed Vision Channel. The rest is history, we bought the car on Dec. 31st.

I love it, my dogs love it with the seats down and a blanket. Right now our snow is melting and we have mud everywhere, so ours is dirty. I wipe it out every other day or so. We are all so happy with our car. I am so glad that auto in general are changing. I never cared for the plush SUV's at all. I want to have fun in my car, fun with my dogs.

Joan
Snickers and Tjossie (Jossie)
http://www.eburg.com/~jneslund/matt/Honda_Element/ :D

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
joan i am with you about that, something is really wrong with a plus suv!

I also had the long challenge of the perfect vehicle, and iwould love to go camping with my pup.. and this is perfect! I can not wait to hit the trails, smiles!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have :

2 Australian Cattle Dogs
1 Catahoula Leopard Dog
1 Jack Russell Terrier

I haul some dogs in crates and some loose. I train and compete in the sport of Agility so spend numerous weekends at trials with my vehicle stuffed with gear.

Can't wait to get the Element organized and ready to travel.

I frequently hike with all 4 dogs and it's a mess when they roll in stinkums or swim in the river, nice to have a wipable car.

Last night when I drove my BRAND new Element home, I stopped at the grocery store. The bottle of liquid laundry soap leaked on the way home and I had a puddle of goo.....LOL...I was so smug as I took a towel and easily wiped it up. Can you imagine how pissed I would have been if that had spilled on new carpeting?

Patty

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey red.. yeah i know what you mean (easy clean interior) at long last huh.. and that is horrible your laundry soap leaked but cool it was so easy to clean (and leaves a nice fresh scent in your vehicle).. smiles.

I have never heard of a "Catahoula Leopard Dog" do tell about that one, and pix would be cool.

My border would be awesome in agility, I love watching them compete.. but i am the one who need training, smiles! (total klutz, another good reason to get the element).

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reddawg: cool,. i will look forward to that link.. thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got a dog too, her name is Chocolat, I would post a picture of her but I can't figure out how to so it. If anyone can PM me and tell me how to do it I would really appreciate it, I asked this before but no one was able to respond to it???
Thanks if you do! :idea:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is your image on a website, or do you have a file with the pix?

here are two methods, depending on the location:
Insert image: "
"

Insert URL: " http ://url or URL text "

Our fantastic website hosts do have the intructions for adding images and sending images on the main owners club message board page:

http://elementownersclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8

[quote:41fb3e999d="webmaster"]When you type a new message, there are several buttons just above the large text box. These buttons allow you to bold, italicize, etc. There's also a "Img" button.

Move your cursor to the location you want to post the image, then click the "Img" button. This inserts the opening "image tag" for your link.

Next, type in the path to your image. So, if your images are on your local server or machine and the address is "http://www.yourdomainhere.com/images/myimage100.jpg" - type that.

Lastly, hit the "Img" button again so it puts the closing image tag on the right of the image path.

If you have questions, please post them here. If you don't have anywhere to store your pics and you want me to post one on our server, I'll do it. Just email me.

Thanks everyone! 8)[/quote:41fb3e999d]

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can see a few of my dogs on this site. Kate the Catahoula is the tall, leggy hound shaped dark blue leopard colored girl.

http://www.irisweb.net/pattysdogs/

The red cattle dog is Annie Oakley, the blue mottle cattle dog is Pizza.

My Jack Russell pup isn't on the site.

They will all be enjoying my Element for years.

Patty

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
beautiful pups, and beautiful photos.. thank you!!

Pizza has the racoon-esque look, cute! Annie looks almost Sheppard-ish. Unique to most cattle dogs I have seen.. precious though!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are images of Redawg's babies (to clarify, not my pups just posting so you all could see someonelses pups.. I just have my precious border collie, who is the first post on this topic):
Annie:

Pizza:

Kate:

not sure what you mean by "leggy hound shaped dark blue leopard colored girl. " that is baffling.. what is a dark blue leopard colored girl?

TIP: if you have trouble inserting an image.. go to the image right click, select "properties" then copy the "address" insert that between the two "image" tags...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great how you copied those pictures right to the board.

When you say right click and copy the address, I'm not sure what you mean and how they end up in the body of your message.

Also, how do you make all the emoticons appear in an email? I can only manage the two obvious ones :) and ;-)

Kate's color is Blue Leopard, meaning the patchwork/spotted coat color. They call the grey/black "blue" for some reason. She also has blue spots in each of her eyes.

BTW, I adore Border Collies too, just don't happen to have one. Great agility dogs if you can steer them :)

I have lots of appointments and errands tomorrow, thank goodness, I didn't get to drive my new Element hardly at all today.

Patty

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reddawg, thank you.. yeah I have heard the dark-dark black called blue, and the merls called blue-merl. She is gorgeous!!

EMOTICONS: are to the right of the message when you are creating your reply.. you can choose more by selecting "view more emoticons" which ie below the 20 that are shown. just click on the one you want.

INSERTING PHOTOS: there are a few methods.. on my personal site, i have my lil album.. and when you click on the image it shows it larger.. this case you choose "IMG" which is a buttom below the "Subject" line above.. then past the site address (when my image comes up the site address shows on the "address" line of the screen, below your menu bar & toolbar). then you select "IMG" again to close the code.

in other cases, an image can not be made larger, and is with a multi images on the same page.. here you can go to the photo you want, RIGHT click on the image (right button on your mouse) then a menu will pop up, select PROPERTIES, what will show will say General at the top, the protocol, type, address etc.. next to address.. take you cursor and select the address there.. this is the address or location of your image.. place this between the IMG tags.. and your image will show in your message.

let me know if youhave more questions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
my name (sorta) is puppy...

does that count? cuz i definitely got it for me :)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well aren't you the ultimate puppy.. PUPPY! :D

1 - 20 of 69 Posts