Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to start, as much as I want to buy fujisan's E, I just can't get a private seller to buy my car, dealerships on the other hand are very interested. I have a very clean 07 GTI w/ 19.5k on it and has a lease buyout of $15.6k, in theory a dealership could buy my lease out and sell it for $18k or so.

Currently Im talking to 2 different dealerships. Dealership 1 has a 06 TRP EX-P 4wd auto with 43k miles on it and has it listed for $15.8k. This sounds like it's almost a lock, and i believe to be a pretty nice deal.
The advice is on Dealership 2. They seem interested, just nothing solid yet. They have a 07 GGM EX-P 4wd auto with 27k on it. List is like $17.9k, I threw $16k as it's all I really can afford, and they say they are close.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
524 Posts
check out the value of the used vehicles on kbb.com you can plug in what it has, range of conditions - and it'll give you the prices for trade in, retail or private sale.

07 didn't have an ex-p, just lx, ex, sc.

the 07 - private sale shows range of 16.9 - 18k. and if they say they are close - offer $16,000.25 then say a bank can't cash a check for "almost there" and to quote real figures.

the 06 - is showing a Private sale range of 14 - 15.9. I'd split the diff at least.

It probably comes down to what they would offer you to get out of the lease.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Read "Confessions of a car salesman" from the Edmunds.com website.
They have some good advice and some tips and tricks you may find helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts