Honda Element Owners Club banner

Purchased and picked up my 1st E today

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  2009 ELE 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my 1st E today. It is a 2006 EX-P AWD with 44,000 miles on it. Tangerine Metallic. It is a Honda certified 1 owner vehicle bought new and serviced properly from the same agency that I purchased it from and has a black interior with a sunroof. It has 4 brand new tires and a brand new agency installed battery and newly installed mud guards. It has a small scrape on every corner which will be professionally touched up tomorrow by my body shop expert. It also has 2 dings on the hood caused from a couple of falling acorns which I will leave alone that are really not very noticeable. I spent a couple of hours waxing and detailing it this afternoon. The chrome tailpipe extension was never cleaned from day one so using a very fine steel wool and then some Flitz polish it looks brand new. I also used a black trim restorer on all of the plastic exterior parts and they look amazing. Tomorrow I will purchase a locking gas cap, Homelink universal visor clip on unit, and a black liscense plate frame. My other vehicle is a 2007 Graphite Pearl Accord coupe EXL V6 A/T that I purchased brand new last year and only has 6985 miles. I keep both vehicles in a heated indoor garage and now my fleet is complete. I am 61 years old, single and retired. It is great to be part of this incredible community and I am honored to be here.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Pictures.....Check
Profile........Check

someone get this newbie a beer

Welcome to the Group

#15 ·
Welcome Tanj. I, too, appreciate the pics and profile and can be in PA in 5-6 hours for any Orangee beverages.
Scotia, I'm buyin , but it'll be @ my house................
Was supposed to be headed your way(Ft. Wayne) but it fell thru

#12 ·
Northern California greetings TanjPrl06...!!!

Welcome and congrats... Nice wax job...! What did you use...? May she give you many years of service and enjoyment...! Wow, beer...? Dang, if I start today, maybe I can make it to Orangee's by this Saturday night...! LOL!!!

LBD

#13 ·
Thanks to everyone for your kind words and warm welcome. I used Maquires Gold Class wax which is easy on and easy off but the real secret is a product called Forever Black which can be purchased online and is a black dye that comes in a liquid shoe polish bottle with a foam aplicator. Restored all of the black trim like the bumpers, roof, rocker panels back to better than new. Today I am selling my 2007 Accord because after living with my E for two days I realize that I would rather have the money in the bank than have a second vehicle that I will only drive in the summer. Also I will be receiving a Honda Genuine cargo mat and cargo net this morning. I will also have a few services performed on the vehicle at the dealer such as a transmission service, change of the brake fluid, new fuel filter, Transaxle service, transmission service, new pads all the way around (even though there is still 40% on them the original owner used cheap pads for replacement and the genuine Honda pads are made from a proprietary material that works in a superior way and cannot be duplicated by aftermarket manufacturers) which gives me a baseline for the mechanical status of my vehicle. I drove my E around yesterday for 4 hours straight and my back was pain free. If I drive my Accord more than 25 minutes straight my lower back is killing me no matter how I adjust the seat and lumbar support. I am anxious to see how the E handles in rain and snow. Should be amazing. Thanks again to all and it is truely an honor to be a member of EOC.

#16 ·
If I may...

Tanj...

We're just as honored to have you among us and consider you one of the fold... It's nice to see an owner that knows what to do right off the bat (HA! Not me!!!) and hope that you keep us posted on all her changes so that we can watch her grow along with you...!

LBD

#17 ·
After living with my E for a couple of days I am happy to report that this is one amazing vehicle. From the comfort of the seat to the visibility of the road and everything else from A to Z it is the best vehicle that I have ever owned and I have had around 35 cars in my life including 3 brand new ones and a lot of junky ones in my younger days being 61 years old. I am anxious to see how much better my E will be after the major service procedures that I will have done next Tuesday which will include the following:

New brake pads on all 4 wheels (the previous owner used Pep Boys pads and they are stopping just so so. Honda pads have a proprietary material that allows maximum braking force.)

A transmission service including a filter change.

A transaxle fluid change.

A fuel filter replacement.

A brake fluid change.

I changed the oil myself using Mobil 1

I changed the cabin filter myself using one made by Wix.

My E has 44,000 original one owner miles however judging from the need for a cabin filter replacement which was definately the original I am doing all of the other services so that I have a maintenance baseline to start with.

I would appreciate it if anyone had any other suggestions for mechanical procedures. I might have missed something.

Also today I got my new genuine Honda cargo tray and cargo net. I am going to order the armrest with storage. I love the way that my Garmin GPS sits on top of the dash using the windshield suction cup. Of course only when I am using it because there are to many thieves around as we all know. I am considering fog lights. Thanks again. It is really cool to be a member.

#19 ·
Don't forget to install the HD Grill! :grin:

I don't think I have ever seen such a clean looking E before, ever!

Welcome!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.