Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I realize I'm a bit off topic on this one, but I thought I take advantage of the collective knowledge available here.

My wife is currently in a leased 2001 Accord EX 4cyl, with the lease expiring in June of '04. For her next car, she's going to stick with an 4cyl Accord, but wants the leather interior option.

I was thinking I might get a better price on an '03 now, rather than waiting for an '04 early next year, so I started getting some quotes.

The best offer I got so far was from the same dealer I got my E from. They said they'd do 4% over invoice, or $22,659 + tax, doc, fees, for an "out the door" total of $24,151. (I'm in Hawaii, by the way.)

So my question is: is 4% over invoice a good price? With the 2003 Honda Clearance going on, I had hoped for a great deal, but this sounds pretty normal to me.

Should I just wait for an '04 next year?

Thanks for the opinions,
eKennedy

·
Registered
79 Posts
If that is the best deal that you can get, I would just wait. But I don't live in Hawaii, and I've heard that everything is more expensive over there.

What I'm saying is that it sounds like a pretty good deal but I think you could possible get the same deal in July 04 on a new 04 model. I can't see getting a much better deal than that, maybe 1k less. It just all depends if you want an 03 or 04. I doubt their will be much difference in models.

Plus if you buy one now you will still be paying on your lease for almost a year. You will have an extra car payment. So any savings you would have would be more than eaten by the extra payment. Unless you are rich and paying cash, lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thing must be more expensive in Hawaii. My co-worker sent out requests online to a few dealerships for quotes on an '03 Accord EX V6 loaded, leather..etc. He paid around $23.5 for the silver one he got plus tags, tax, freight, proc. fee. $22K for a 4 cyl Accord sounds high to me even with leather. $19-$20 sounds more like it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not sure on supply vs. demand in Hawaii and how much negotiations go on there, but I think you could probably get one a little bit cheaper. Invoice is $21,787 and the cheapest I have let one go for is $500 over that or $22,287. 4% is still very reasonable, but you might get a little better. The only other difference between 03 and 04 is that Honda is offering 2.9% financing on the 2003's and won't on the 2004's. Dealers and Honda are being very aggressive right now in order to build our allocations for the 2004's. Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts