Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope to buy an Element soon, EX, 2WD, auto. From things I've seen, one should try to deal with the 'Internet Sales Manager' at a dealership - is this via telephone or internet or both? Witihout a trade in, do they have very firm prices or do they deal? I'd like to get quotes for both '03 and '04 model, as I'm not in a great hurry and could wait some months. What price differential should I expect on essentially the same car?
I am willing to travel some distance from central NY to get a vehicle, if the saving is worth it.
I'd like to have total prices, including all taxes, fees, etc. so there are no surprises. Will that be difficult to get?
Looking for suggestions on how to implement a buying strategy.
Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I looked up all the fleet guys email addresses and emailed all of them telling them what I wanted and what I had. Most won't respond, some will auto-reply with a "call me!" message and the others will quote you, just pick the lowest quote. Thats how I did it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm looking for the exact same thing, but w/ side airbags. Invoice is $18,661, and I'm hoping to get it for close to that. Luckily, there are about 15 to 20 Honda dealers with 50 miles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey,

I am in the process of shopping for an Element EX 4wheel drive and I started out by asking for quotes via the internet. Right now I am dealing with 2 dealers over the interent and negotiations seem to be moving along smoothly. I can't take the one on one hassle with dealer. The internet is easy and efficient. As of now I am looking at 20, 900 out the door for a 2003. I am hoping that they will bring the price down. The key is not to let the dealer control the negotiations.

·
Registered
222 Posts
taxes and fees should be nearly fixed costs depending on your location. They will likely be different per state. I recommend focusing on the actual cost of the vehicle alone. Not having a trade-in helps this.

Use Hondacars.com and email every dealership within a 100 mile radius. This is what I did. Stick to email until you can get them down to where you want them. It really does help to deal on the end of the month, or even end of quarter or end of financial year. Friend of mine got an awesome deal buying on Super Bowl Sunday - he was obviously the only man on the lot that day.

Some won't "play the game", but others will. Make sure you have financing ready in case the dealer doesn't have a good rate (<=4%).

Sounds like you have time on your side. Be patient, and you'll get a great deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts