Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are things that I should do.

Due to the Suck ass DMV I will not be driving for the nexr 6 months and need to put my car in storage more or less.

What tips do you all have so that I will mimimize any issues at the end of 6 months

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Yes, Drain the radiator, let the air outta the tires, put sugar in the tank, leave the windows and doors open and put an open can of tuna under the passenger seat. Oh, and don't forget to cancel ALL insurance coverage.;-)

Are you going to be nearby? If so I would just put a fuel stabilizer in it (Dom prolly has a favorite ;-)) and run it once a month. I stored a car for about two years this way. If you're not gonna be close I would put the batt on a maintainer after disconnecting it, treat the fuel and put it on stands so the tires don't flat-spot. Please tell me it's going to be inside.

What did the DMV do? I mean besides being stupid, that's a given.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Drain the radiator, let the air outta the tires, put sugar in the tank, leave the windows and doors open and put an open can of tuna under the passenger seat. Oh, and don't forget to cancel ALL insurance coverage.;-)

Are you going to be nearby? If so I would just put a fuel stabilizer in it (Dom prolly has a favorite ;-)) and run it once a month. I stored a car for about two years this way. If you're not gonna be close I would put the batt on a maintainer after disconnecting it, treat the fuel and put it on stands so the tires don't flat-spot. Please tell me it's going to be inside.

What did the DMV do? I mean besides being stupid, that's a given.
They suspended my license for 6 months due to my accident. I am supposebly an "unsafe driver".

It may or may not be inside. If I leave it outside I will put it on blocks and get a car cover. But I am thinking about putting it in a storage unit.

Less temptation to drive it.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
They suspended my license for 6 months due to my accident. I am supposebly an "unsafe driver".

It may or may not be inside. If I leave it outside I will put it on blocks and get a car cover. But I am thinking about putting it in a storage unit.

Less temptation to drive it.
That blows. I'd stand up for ya but, It'd prolly wind up being a year.:-(

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hey, I could use a vehicle and would be happy to borrow your car for 6 months :razz:

Unsafe driver? Wow- that seems pretty harsh for what you had explained happened! I am seriously sorry to hear that they made that determination. Any way to appeal?

I lost my license for 6 months a few years ago after a seizure and know first hand how much of a p.i.t.a. it is! I was pretty pissed for a long time, but it actually ended up being a humbling experience- just realized that sometimes it's ok to rely on others instead of always feeling I have to do everything myself . . . possibly what contributed to the dang seizure to begin with! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, I could use a vehicle and would be happy to borrow your car for 6 months :razz:

Unsafe driver? Wow- that seems pretty harsh for what you had explained happened! I am seriously sorry to hear that they made that determination. Any way to appeal?

I lost my license for 6 months a few years ago after a seizure and know first hand how much of a p.i.t.a. it is! I was pretty pissed for a long time, but it actually ended up being a humbling experience- just realized that sometimes it's ok to rely on others instead of always feeling I have to do everything myself . . . possibly what contributed to the dang seizure to begin with! :rolleyes:

sure 500 a month and you a can rent it: :p
;-)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Too bad it's not in my budget! ;-)

Weren't you thinking of getting rid of the Fit anyway? Could you possibly sell it and then buy something else at the end of the 6 months?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is a possibility but I would need to get 17.5K out of it to pay the loan off.

We'll see what I can do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts