Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know by experience if any of the CAIs from either AEM, Injen, or any others which only go up to years 2006/2007 fit the 2010 engine?

I am not into the street scene, but I am all about opening the system up to let it breathe (in or out).

Thanks in advance.

J and H

·
Registered
517 Posts
2007 and up will fit 2010 nothing changed but cosmetics. Slight tweaking of bracketry may be required. With great power comes great responsibility and less miles per gallon.

·
12,179 Posts
I recall from an earlier thread the the mounting bracket for the 2007-2008 intakes needs to be modified to work on 2009-2010's. The difference isn't major but enough to add a little extra work installing it.

See post #11 HERE

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Does anyone know by experience if any of the CAIs from either AEM, Injen, or any others which only go up to years 2006/2007 fit the 2010 engine?

I am not into the street scene, but I am all about opening the system up to let it breathe (in or out).

Thanks in advance.

J and H

My Injen CAI should be here tomorrow for my 2010. they sent the wrong one the first time.
I will let you know about the fit.
pictures will follow once I get everything done.

·
Registered
109 Posts
well we just got our injen cold air intake but i can tell you that the Cold Air pipe will not work with show some pics. We also have a really big battery so im going to mod the mount that the main intake piece bolts too.

Now to make the cold air work im going to have have a special 3" cold air pipe bent. So its going to take some time. But it works for now as a short ram. Will post some pics soon.... Hope yours works out ok.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Jdude - how about a performance report? Any improvement in HP or MPG? How's it sound?
it sounds sweet!:grin: As for MPG I am averaging a little over 22 mpg, I am a lead foot, mostly SF Bay Area traffic freeway. I have gotten 25 mpg once and close a couple other times. I put the intake and exhaust on soon after I got the Element so I can't say what my mileage would have been stock. It does seem to have a bit more acceleration, and it does sound sweet, I terrorized a friend of mine one day one the freeway:evil:, spotted him ahead of me in his old hoopty ford ranger without anything resembling windshield wipers, So I snuck up beside him and stomped on it!!:shock: cut in front of him and hosed him with my windshield wiper juice!!:shock::twisted::shock::?The Element makes a great rain tunnel behind for hosing dip****s!! My point, he stated he heard something suddenly scream to life next to him, was "thinking what the hell is this dumbass doing?" Then realized it was a particular dumbass he knew, then realized as I swooped in front of him that he was MINE!!:evil::razz: He had nothing for the Element after that, I easily evaded his pathetic attempt to retaliate, So it's at least faster than a hoopty old Ford ranger that needs new wiper blades!:)

click on my fuelly badge to see all my MPG data, that website is great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome - I am going to try the windshield juice trick on tailgaters, lol...

I *just* picked up my E & the cold air kit is a mod I'm considering. A little nervous about installing it tho. Was the injen kit a good match for the 2010 or did you have to wrangle it in?

I am also thinking of a horn upgrade...the E's horn is quite whimpy.

Cool that there is such a strong community of element owners!!!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Awesome - I am going to try the windshield juice trick on tailgaters, lol...

I *just* picked up my E & the cold air kit is a mod I'm considering. A little nervous about installing it tho. Was the injen kit a good match for the 2010 or did you have to wrangle it in?

I am also thinking of a horn upgrade...the E's horn is quite whimpy.

Cool that there is such a strong community of element owners!!!

It went right in, no issues. Make sure after the install and you reconnect the battery to let the computer reset. You have to turn off everything, lights, radio and thing else you have running, and let the engine idle on a flat surface for 5 minutes. That I believe is the procedure your suppose to use. Check it to make sure. It let's the fuel injection adapt to the new air flow in the system.
I'm not thrilled by the pathetic horn either. If you find something quick, loud and easy let me know!

·
Registered
159 Posts
hey im curious where did you get the intake from? im shopping around looking for a decent price. i remember someone posting in the forums of a sponsor or a good location that had the injen or aem cold air intakes for a good price, but i cannot find where that was ha

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
search wolo full blast. on the ebay around 20$ shipped just pick high or low tone and yer good to go.

install should be pretty strait forward and you will be pleased. the low tone is 118db high tone is 116db

use one or wire up a pair

any higher and I think its air horns.

·
Registered
159 Posts
search wolo full blast. on the ebay around 20$ shipped just pick high or low tone and yer good to go.

install should be pretty strait forward and you will be pleased. the low tone is 118db high tone is 116db

use one or wire up a pair

any higher and I think its air horns.
wrong thread. im asking about intakes, NOT horns

·
Registered
1,447 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i apologize. you didnt quote it so i did not see it. sorry
no harm done.
hey im curious where did you get the intake from? im shopping around looking for a decent price. i remember someone posting in the forums of a sponsor or a good location that had the injen or aem cold air intakes for a good price, but i cannot find where that was ha
I know most people dont want to hear this but. have you checked ebay for the intake?

as for sponsors...

Feel free to use "FORUMS" as a 10% Discount Coupon Code @ carid.com

07+ http://www.carid.com/2007-honda-element-air-intakes/injen-air-intake-360294.html

03-06 http://www.carid.com/2005-honda-element-air-intakes/ take your pick

ebay might still be cheaper. but im guessing less user friendly to some.

·
Registered
159 Posts
no harm done.

I know most people dont want to hear this but. have you checked ebay for the intake?

as for sponsors...

Feel free to use "FORUMS" as a 10% Discount Coupon Code @ carid.com

07+ http://www.carid.com/2007-honda-element-air-intakes/injen-air-intake-360294.html

03-06 http://www.carid.com/2005-honda-element-air-intakes/ take your pick

ebay might still be cheaper. but im guessing less user friendly to some.
yes thanks, i found aem cai on ebay for around 200 shipped which i may buy, but i wasnt sure if anyone on here knew a better place/better price to find aem or injen. thanks

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
if your in it for the performance/sound and not somuch the looks

a 50$ k&n or other brand performance drop in a 06-11 civic SI lower airbox for 38$ reuse your oem rubber tube and scoop or 30$ or so for a 3" flex pipe and naca duct.

civic Si lower airbox has the outlet pipe facing the grill not the fender so it makes for a very simple and effective setup.

and you endup with a pretty clean looking engine bay and just as much hp.

even extra battery room.

but I guess that wouldnt work on 03-06. humm youde need a full 05 si airbox for 03-06 and then its less cost effective.

but non maf cars its pretty easy to make an intake from pipe. can even have an exhaust guy bend up a piece of 3" SS or aluminum pipe and just get a cone filter and a coupler and be set.

as for a good price saddly I havent really seen one. were lucky a company even decided to make a kit.

under 200$ will prob only be a used one or when they go on clearance when discontinued.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts