Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as an european owner of an E2003 AWD there are some minor disadvantages living here with a car from there (or vice versa). Now one of my headlights is gone, and I have to replace it. Only this type of bulb is nowhere to be found in europe, has to be imported from the USA which takes time and costs more money.
I would like to have some advice:
* I better order a set of replacement bulbs in one time (it is cheaper sending); which bulbs, does anyone know a good internetshop ?
* or would it be better, to avoid future breakdowns, to change to LED:
which, and where to buy?

Any advice will be appreciated by this proud dutch E-owner!
Herman:-D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I find that hard to believe considering almost every Japanese car from the early 90's on has used the very same h4 headlight bulbs, and yet you have to import them not from Japan, but instead from the USA?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you are very right concerning the headlights, it's H4 (lucky me this time), but all the other have a different fitting, see the picture I took (Left= US, right 2 versions Eur)
bulbdifference.jpg

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
you are very right concerning the headlights, it's H4 (lucky me this time), but all the other have a different fitting, see the picture I took (Left= US, right 2 versions Eur)
From which lights did you take those "EUR" lamps?

Of the bulbs you show, the "US" one can handle many times the wattage of the others, because of the wound filament and also the size of the envelope. Its hard to believe that they are used for the same functions, or on the same vehicle.

I've never seen an OEM screw base lamp in a modern automobile, US, French, or Japanese, because they tend to unscrew when vibrated. When they need to add DRLs, add bulbs to a light housing or re-position/redesign a light housing to meet local codes, Honda's engineers tend to use the same known to be reliable bulb types on all versions of a model year- especially on low volume vehicles like the Element.

What does your owners' manual show in the lamp replacement photos?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts