Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have over the past couple of months been experiencing problems with my dear ol' 03 Honda Element AWD (194k miles). Every time I accelerated it would rev up to 4000rpm before shifting gears, then catch and lurch the entire car. This was bad news bears from the get go, but since I am always on the go and traveling out of town I had no time to get it into a shop till this morning.

Well after a quick drive and a run of the computer codes, the mechanic came back to inform me that the transmission is shot, and would either need to be replaced with a used one or be overhauled for around 4k. They were very kind in delivering the news, didn't charge me for the diagnostics, and gave me the tech codes: which are P325, 700,122, and 2227.

At this point I'm wondering what I should do about my baby since I am torn between the cost of overhauling the transmission and buying a used car since I'm up to my head in student loans and working on grad school.

Have any of you experienced these codes before? What did you do? Is 4k around the average cost for this type of thing (I live in MA)? What should I do?
:?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
That sucks. Four thou seems a little steep. Did you take it to the dealer or an independent shop? I'd do a little browsing and see what other quotes you can get. Also, what shape is the rest of the truck in? Is it worth putting four thousand bucks into?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts