Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting the SOP color when I go to buy, but in some pictures it looks orange and in others it looks decidedly red. For those who've seen the car in person, can you tell me what color it really is? I like it in orange, but not in red...

Compare these two:

From Honda website:

Is it just differences in lighting or in the photographs? Did they take some photos with a prototype red model that didn't hit the street?

Drew

·
Registered
83 Posts
Under the dreary-gray Oregon sky, the SOP looks bronze. Not dark bronze, but bronze. I don't see a bright orange or a red, like some of the photos, but I do wave at an SOP driver almost every morning on my way over hwy 217 to drop my son at school (if you know who you are, write to me here).

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... thanks for the tip. Guess I'll have to wait and see it in person. I was torn between the green and the orange, but I thought I'd settled on the orange. I suppose it all depends on what it looks like under the Cleveland sky! :)

Drew

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've seen 2 of them out in the real world. One definitely looked orange, like, road work orange, and the other totally looked red until I got right up next to it. It is bizarre how different the 2 looked; the light conditions were almost the same. There has to be some explanation for this; I'm dying to know what it is.

·
Registered
94 Posts
there is one that sits in my parking lot at work everyday. imagine that there is a SOP and mine(GG) ine the same lot. :shock: anyway the SOP looks alot more like the second picture you have posted on this thread. rain or shine it doesn't look like the first pic. it's very nice.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I test drove a SOP....it is was identical to picture #2.

Also, when we went to pick up my EBP (Eternal Blue Pearl) there was a SOP next to my E on the lot and it was def. exactly like picture #2.

And when I picked my E up on Monday it was bright and sunny....I think if they did anything as far as relaesing a picture of an E that didn't make it to the dealers it would most likely be #1.

I agree with you if SOP looked liked picture #1 I too would have bought it...instaed my big choice was between GG and EBP.

Good Luck and Happy Shopping!
Diane

·
Registered
71 Posts
drew...make sure you see the green in person before you buy....i was into it....and i love the exterior...but the green dash (in my opinion) is really ugly....the SOP has a very neutral interior

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, actually I saw the green in person and I didn't like the exterior as much as I did in the booklet. Didn't get to look inside of it, but after seeing some interior pics on the website here, I think it's even more not for me. Something about that green dash just reminds me of my dad's 70's Buick. :shock:

My sales woman called today to say that my Element is on the ground and ready for me to come and get it... she assures me that it's most certainly orange!

Drew

·
Registered
155 Posts
It is as orange as the picture under your name. It is however a beautiful coppery burnt orange color. You will probably either love it or hate it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My SOP looks like the 1st picture in bright sun, and more like the second picture when parked in the shade, under an overcast sky. Most of the time it definitely looks more burnt orange than red.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ya know, if the SOP actually changes colors I might like it a lot better.
Pumpkin all the time is a bit much, but pumpkin to red depending on lighting is pretty cool. When I asked about one, a local dealer told me that it only comes with a black interior. Is that true? That alone, would be a deal killer for me, since I've got no desire to add to the effects of the SE sun on getting into a vehicle parked in the summer sun after a hard workday.

Whassup with these dealers that only stock the E in silver, black and blue?

What of GG, SOP and that gold mist thingee?

Funny, but I never used to think of myself as being terribly sensitive to vehicle color, but the older I get, the more I'm interested in getting just exactly what I think I want. Maybe I'm spoiled.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
If your dealer is anything like the ones in St. Louis they only have Black, Silver, and Shoreline Mist in stock....because the Blue, GG, and SOP are the first to go, my dealer go in 2 GG, 1 Blue, and 1 SOP in last Friday night...by Sunday when I had a chance to go view the GG (I was really torn in color choice) they had both been sold on Saturday...the SOP and EBP were still on the lot and I bought the EBP the next day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:) i got the shorline mist and my E looks beige under clouds and a tint of sky blue in the sunlight/ shade, the sop looks orange in the sunlight just like the pic but under clouds it's "V-8 juice" looking to me. Great color, but when i was ready to buy, a six state vehicle search couldn't find one boo hoo.

love my element i even put a blanket on it at night

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, this is kinda funny. I was so fixated on getting a green or beige Element, that when I first saw an Orange one forsale, it took me by surprise. The thing of it was that I first saw the SOP EX from a distance under overcast skies after getting thoroghly disgusted with another dealer. At that time, the SOP appeared rather reddish. But when I parked next to it, and subsquently test drove it, it looked very orange. Long story short... I bought it. I really like it better than any vehicle I've ever had before, and am fascinated by the amount of comments I've gotten about it in just a few hours. In 8 hrs. I've had 5 people remark on what a great vehicle this is, and what a cool color it is. Not exactly market research, but interesting, anyway.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, I bought the GG and LIKE the weird interior. I'll admit it's weird, but I like it. And the exterior is great, especially when the sun shines!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I'm picking my SOP up tomorrow night, so I won't know what it looks like in the sun until Thursday :)

Drew

1 - 18 of 18 Posts