Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I installed my Tein Basic Coilovers a few days ago, and have a few questions. Is it supposed to be alot softer in the rear then front? My element is rly stiff in the front and kinda soft in the rear now. Maybe it is supposed to be like that, but all other cars I lowered has been stiff all over.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Please fill out your profile so we can know what year your E is.

Is the rear bouncy or just soft? Were they new or used? I can try to help you a little more after I know what year the vehicle because there is a small option to help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Please fill out your profile so we can know what year your E is.

Is the rear bouncy or just soft? Were they new or used? I can try to help you a little more after I know what year the vehicle because there is a small option to help.
Its a 2004 4WD AT EX Element. I bought new Teins. Well I guess you can call it soft. When I press my foot down on the sidesteps in the front It barely moves down, In the rear I easy press it down.l

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hmmm, I was hoping you said bouncy. I got nothing, hopefully someone else can chime in.

But my bouncy remedy is get yourself a set of skunk2 rear lower control arms, it will make a night a day difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I made my grilfriend sit on the rear door today, and her 58kg made the rear of the car move half an inch down. When she sat down on the hood, the front didnt move at all. Is that normal with the Tein Basics? I have lowered my E 3 inch in the fornt and 2 in the rear. I want to lower it abit more in the rear, but dont know if I can, because of the bounce/softness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts