Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can't open the rear door without opening the front door first. But once you have both doors open, what happens if your idiot friend pushes the front door closed and then slams the rear door closed??? Won't the rear door damage the front door in this situation?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have done this in slow motion on the S-10 - it has a suicide/coach door on the driver's side. On the S-10, the rear door has to latch first, and the front door latches onto it. So it's not possible on the S-10 to close the front door w/o closing the rear. I imagine it's similar on the "E".

Iskie

·
Registered
113 Posts
While I wouldn't recommend it, Honda did think this one out pretty thoroughly. The front seatbelts are connected the rear doors, and the bottom is attached with a stout rubber strip. This is the point of contact if you close the rear door with the front door closed. The only other concern would be the buckle hitting the door. Fortunately, when the belt is released, it lines up directly with the front door's plastic door handle. See the picture below.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info... pictures were a big help also. I haven't been able to test drive the E yet. Everyone that I have seen has already been sold by the time I get to the lot! There is one dealer that has an E marked as "Dealer Demo - Not For Sale", but they were closed when I saw that one.

I can't wait to kick the tires and check it out in person sometime...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts