Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer took a $500 deposit for the EX AWD 5 spd manual and said it would go in with their March order. Has any of the dealers on this site taken any orders as well on this model ?
He told me that I should expect to see one like I want probably late May to the first part of June at the earliest.
I would like to hear what most of you have been doing for your customers in this regard as well as what you are hearing from your Honda rep. on whether Honda is going to meet the May debut of the Element EX AWD manual. Surely some of you are getting some information on this matter as I realize that many people want this model. I would love to hear what you know.
Also when is Honda going to update it's "build your own Element" website. I still see the EX AWD manual is not an option. Hey :roll:
May is just around the corner, what gives ?

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got an e-mail from Honda today and our next ordering opportunity, next week, we can finally order them for May production. May production units should show up at the store anywhere from mid-may to early June. I am in New England and this could vary in other parts of the country. If you have any questions let me know.

JEFF

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was wondering how many inquiries you have had at your dealership regarding putting in an order for the EX AWD manual tranny :?:

When you put in and order and someones gives you a specific color they want in the 5 speed how likely is it that they will get the color they asked for ? I have heard that Honda doesn't really " build to suit". I personally ordered an orange but that may not be what Honda sends my dealer.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My dealer here in Lynchburg, VA. said that he could order the specific color I wanted. We ordered a Green, which requires a different color interior, so he said it might be delayed, but that we would get a green.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When Honda builds a vehicle, they do not take special orders. Every green element has the green interior, every orange element has the same interior and features as other orange element.
If you order a green element, you will get a green element. But it should not take any longer, all green elements have the same interior.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You misunderstood my meaning. Some colors of interior are used in more tha one color exterior. The Green interior is only used in the green exterior, so if any changes are needed in any interior part, chances are that they will make the colors that fit multiple cars first. This is especiall true if the 5 speed AWD is the first model with the side airbags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts