Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently trying to come up with a few things and wanted some input from everyone here. As most people know, the DX Elements just don't move nearly as quickly as the EX models. There are many reasons for this, mainly the lack of equipment and cost difference by the time you add the equipment. So, I am trying to figure out a way to make the DX models more affordable. Here's my questions:

1)Many Element Owners customize their Elements and put custom rims on their E's immediately after taking delivery. I have had pretty good success swapping EX wheels for the "bling, bling" rims and then using the EX rims on the DX's, but would also like to consider purchasing some EX rims from Element owners who have already done this. What is a fair price to pay for these EX rims (obviously if has to be considerably lower than I can pay for them through my parts dept. to make this work)?

2)Is there are pretty large number of Element owners customizing their E's with new rims?

3)What are these owners doing with their old rims and if they are selling them, what kind of money are they getting for them?

4)Same question for the original Honda stereos. How many Element Owners are replacing the original stereos and what price is reasonable for such?

Thanks in advance for the input. Happy motoring.

Mike

·
Registered
72 Posts
Check out Ebay. I see DX, EX wheels with tires (took them off the next day) all the time. Shipping is murder. Factory EX radios are less common. Drivers side armrests are common. I also see Pilot leather steering wheels. EX wheels sell for around 500-600, EX radios around 200, Pilot leather wheels around 90.00. I did the leather wheel conversion. I also changed the column covers and wheel back covers to black to match the wheel in my gray interior. :mrgreen:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts