Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now being that I installed the 09 wiper switch on my 05 and noticed that it has speed sensitive intermittent wiper setting I was wondering if it is so on your E?
I looked on the E book that you get from the dealer and nothing.
anyone? This is the only difference others have installed a switch from the Pilot and it is not speed sensitive.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mine has one.:confused:

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Mine has one.:confused:
Just to be clear: Your wipers' intermittent setting is speed sensitive?

When Justin's car is in motion, the wipers run at whatever intermittent interval has been selected. But when it is standing still, it reverts to the factory default intermittent interval (i.e., the same interval as all unmodified 2003-08 Elements) regardless of how the intermittent dial is set.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Actually, you guys should have a variable time range when the car is running less than 12 MPH, and a faster rate at anything 12MPH and up. It's the way the MCU is programmed.

All the modified E's work this way. Yours is no different.

Go back and check, I bet you'll find that the delay is adjustable, probably in the 7~8 second range on to about 20 seconds or so. (I honestly don't remember the exact speed, but it's much slower sweep rate then 'normal') And then when you're driving at 12MPH or faster the sweep rate is from 'full low speed' to about a sweep every 10 - 12 seconds or so.

Seriously guys, there's nothing wrong. It's perfectly normal. ;-)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Intermittent wiper Question, is mine buggered?

Hey folks, this strikes me as an odd thing, on our 2010 EX, my intermittent wipers, when set at the fastest intermittent speed, slow down to the slowest speed when I come to a full stop...I noticed it a couple of days ago because I could not get the wipers to go faster than "slow" when I was still sitting in the driveway, they started to go at the full speed as soon as the E started to move. Today I kept an eye on them and at each complete stop they slowed down. I can't imagine that this is a "feature" of the wipers but maybe???
I am guessing that it is a wiring issue, I had a remote start installed when we got the car 4 months ago and there were some issues that involved replacing the steering wheel shroud where they had buggered part of the installation.
Erin

·
Registered
22 Posts
This seems strange to me too. I never noticed it before now, I will have to pay more attention next time it rains. Why would the car itself need to change the wiper speed if the driver can change it?

My first car was a 64 Falcon Ranchero with vaccuum wipers. They changed speed by them selves too but the problem was they slowed way down when you acclerated, the faster you went the slower they went, so if you were starting from a stop it got really hard to see sometimes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Probably to protect the wiper blades from unnecessary wear. In most conditions that require intermittent settings, there might not be enough water on the windshield to lubricate the blades especially when the car comes to a temporary stop at traffic lights, etc.

I drove in a mist today and while it required a moderate speed setting when in motion, once the car came to a stop hardly anything landed on the windshield in between the swipes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts