Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
supamann -

i copied this from a separate post i made earlier:

I am going to buy an E before a 4 month cross-country trip I'm going to be taking from July - Nov. I would love to be able to get my hands on a 5sp/4wd before I leave (July 10). I talked to 2 dealers in the last week (here in Louisville, KY) and both said 2nd week of July for estimated delivery.

Obviously, that is cutting it a little close. I am willing to put down a non-refundable deposit for a guaranteed ship date as late as July 1. Is there any way in heck this might happen for me or should I just suck it up and get the auto?

For those dealers that respond, can you please let me know what timeframe you're quoting for these.

· Registered
19 Posts
[snip]
If this distance is something you can do, I will give you the dealer's numbers to call and tell you what cities, state, etc. Hope that helps some.
[/snip]

supamann - I would be interested in those dealers, but I'm confused as to what those dates mean. Are those expected delivery dates to the dealer or are those production dates? When I ordered my current car (BMW 318ti), the dealer was able to tell me its scheduled production start date, VIN assignment date, final build date and arrival date. The dates slipped a couple days here and there and the boat from germany took longer than I would have liked, but I had a pretty firm delivery date. Does Honda work in a similar way?

When my dealer quoted me the 2nd week of July, is that because the existing orders from other dealers had eaten up all earlier delivery dates? If that is the case, I would like to find a dealer with one on order to try and secure it (assuming it doesn't already belong to any of the other wonderful members of this forum).

Thanks for the quick response. Your and Will's help are a huge benefit to us all. I'll gladly send you business from anyone I know in your area (although I know you're not helping us out for that reason).

· Registered
19 Posts
supa-

thanks for the help. i'm looking for an eternal blue ex 4wd 5sp. i would be willing to go to any city within about a 12 hr drive of louisville, ky which would cover the panhandle of fl up to the great lakes, east to the sea, west to, well, west to 12 hours west of louisville (st louis is 6 hrs).

thanks for the help.

jgmoore

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.