Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an ''04'' EX with the factory system. My only problem is I must have a... (1) - aux input for my ipod, and (2) - usb input for my flash drive, plus I want to clean up the mids and highs a bit more if possible. I have went back and forth with a complete overhaul, and leaving it factory, but I'm not fully happy. I also am a drummer so my space is pretty limited. I'm not sure how to hook Up my new HU to the existing system and still use the factory amps to power the sub and tweeters? Because I know that the EX has more than just the regular green harness that is in the regular LX models. All in mind without spending a ton of money since i don' have the space I can give up for hauling. Please give me your opinion's on what you think or what you have done. Thank You!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hooking up an aftermarket HU to the EX system is no problem.
Follow this thread: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2464
Metra makes a harness that already has the RCA's wired in, if you don't want to solder them onto a normal Honda harness.

For your specific needs, you just need to make sure the head unit you choose has (1) an aux input to hook up the the aux input plug in the car, and (2) a USB input on the front of the HU.

Everything else will be straight forward.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts