Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna get an E. It'll be an '09 AWD.

I want navi in my 2din, but, I'm really not a fan of the Honda/Acura OEM systems. I plan on going the Kenwood DNX7140 route - it looks like a really sweet unit, adding BT and DVD playback over the OEM system.

That said, I'm trying to figure out if I'm better off with the LX or the EX. Figure I'd pay about $1300 more for the EX, but that gets me the OEM XM antenna, 270 Watt amp, sub, plus 6 speakers, as well as maybe some USB ports pre-wired into the glove box.

I'm leaning toward "that kinda seems worth it", because I really like clean OEM installs. Provided I could use all the OEM audio stuff, I'd only be left with adding the BU camera.

Will this work? Or, am I better off going the LX route? I'd love to hear from some of you E wizards on your experience in this area!

Thanks,
Steve

P.S. - a little about my DIY level so you know better how to respond.. I'm not afraid of installing the HU, but I'm really not interested in going much beyond that. So, for anything more I'd be going to a reputable shop here in SoCal (San Diego). Recommendations appreciated.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
get an ex, or even an SC. there are plenty of other things that make it the little extra that it costs than just the audio stuff, and you will wish you had if you dont. the audio extras arent really worth much, especially if you plan on going aftermarket nav anyway, but the other options are. easiest way to compare is the borchure or the honda site. either audio system would be simple to swap the headunit in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! From Honda's site, the EX (over LX) also adds the spill-resistant fabric to the rear seats.

Anyone else want to throw in their $0.02???

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I think the EX has independent front and rear suspension, alloy wheels, and a few other goodies. As far as the audio goes, be aware that the factory XM, USB, and aux input are not compatible with aftermarket radios although you can keep the steering wheel controls with an adapter.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Here is a list of additional acce. you get in 09 EX from my previous post.

Alloy Wheels
Chrome Exhaust Finisher
Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio
Overhead Storage Compartment
Map Lights
Rear 12-Volt Power Outlet
Driver- and Passenger-Side Seatback Pockets
Driver-Side Seatback Bungees, Front and Rear
Center Console
Rear Water-Resistant FXC Seat Fabric
270-Watt XM Audio System with 7 Speakers & Subwoofer
MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack
Exterior Temperature Gauge

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that is considerably more than I realized! Honda.com does a poor job at enumerating these differences.

Thanks guys, looks like an '09 or '10 EX (PMM) toaster for me!

EOC rocks!

--Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts