Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of tire size threads here. 235-65-16 seems a popular choice. Just got off the phone with a tire guy that wanted to warn me against changing from factory size due to abs and the warranty. Has anybody had ANY problems with this? I'm sure he is just covering his butt. but just wanted to check here anyway!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Think he may be covering his tail because it is not listed as stock and the company doesn't want to be held responsible.

I've gotten the same lines from some tire places . . . but I think in this economy they would sell you almost anything. Good luck!

·
Registered
143 Posts
you won't have any problems with the ABS (as long as you run the same tire size on all 4 wheels)

Your speedo may be a tiny bit off due to the overall diameter, but its SO close I doubt you'll even notice. The difference in diameter is that the 235's are .64% larger.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the links (and the fast answers!):smile: Gonna try the General Grabber HTS. GOTTA be better than the oe pos's! 50 buck rebate doesn't hurt either!;-)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The 235/65 is actually smaller in diameter, which will use more gas, not a ton, on the freeway because of a higher rpm, go with a 235/70.

By the way, this is my 200th post, woohoo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well by all charts the 235/65-16's are less than 2/10" larger than oe, but they look waay better in the wheelwells! So far the dry grip, road noise, tracking and cornering are all a vast improvement. Get to try wet traction later today according to the forecast. :rolleyes:

Headed to Florida first weekend in June so we will get to check hwy manners with a full load then!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well by all charts the 235/65-16's are less than 2/10" larger than oe, but they look waay better in the wheelwells! So far the dry grip, road noise, tracking and cornering are all a vast improvement. Get to try wet traction later today according to the forecast. :rolleyes:

Headed to Florida first weekend in June so we will get to check hwy manners with a full load then!
Have you experience any tire rubbing since the switch to wider tires? What about your gas mileage?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, no rubbing at all. Don't know about the mpg yet. Prolly won't check that till we hit the hwy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts