Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our '06 has the stock Wrangler tires which seem to be very noisy, and have also pretty much worn out at 22K miles (yes, we hardly drive this car). Goodyear is not doing themselves any favors with such low buck tires.

What are people's recommendation for a good quiet tire? This Element never goes off road, and probably will never see snow or ice. Seems lots of driving in the rain. I'm considering Continental Pro Contact. Any other suggestions Thanks

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
check out the General Grabber HTS. I like mine. Quiet, smooth, and long wearing. The handle nice wet & dry. Not too expensive either.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Our '06 has the stock Wrangler tires which seem to be very noisy, and have also pretty much worn out at 22K miles (yes, we hardly drive this car). Goodyear is not doing themselves any favors with such low buck tires.

What are people's recommendation for a good quiet tire? This Element never goes off road, and probably will never see snow or ice. Seems lots of driving in the rain. I'm considering Continental Pro Contact. Any other suggestions Thanks
I have the ContiProContact, very smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You might check out the General Grabber UHP if it never sees snow and never goes off-road. I'd also check out tirerack.com and see what other tires might classify as summer tires.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Also check Discount Tire Direct. They are a site sponsor. Last time I bought tires from them I got free shipping and no tax plus a rebate. I cant say I've ever got that kind of deal from tire rack.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry, I should have been more clear. For me, the best place to buy tires is a local tire shop that buys by the semi-load and wholesales to other local garages. Shipping costs make it hard to say where's the best place to buy. However, Tirerack.com was a great place to research tires, even though they weren't all that competitive a place to buy tires. I would definitely encourage checking out EOC site sponsors as well.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,942 Posts
What kind of noise do you mean? If the OEM tire tread is worn-down, it shouldn't be especially noisy, except when cornering.

Consider a wider tire like a 225/70 or 235/70 to reduce the effect of road noise. But at the same level of inflation, I wouldn't expect any replacement to be significantly quieter until it had some miles on it.

·
Registered
715 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Does Discount Tire Direct have few options than Discount Tire? Seems that way.
Discount Tire Direct services the entire country so we do stock more models and sizes. Our local stores typically stock the most popular sizes for their area. Our local stores however can special order in most tire models that they do not stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts