Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place. I was recently very happy with the purchase of my E and had so many plans for it already. Unfortunatley this past weekend my parents borrowed the car to Long Island. On the way back they got rear ended and this is the result:

My parents are okay but just a little shaken up. The auto shop guy says it looks like a total loss but we'll see from the insurance people. It sucks cause it took me a long time to find one in this condition. Oh well, like they say, Sh*t Happens.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck
The Rube has a super Element for sale if yours is a total lose - and the best part - he is in your area

·
Registered
357 Posts
I assume someone pushed it into the car in front.

How fast was the rear ender going???:mad: YIKES!!!

Sorry man that Blows!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ooooo!!! I hate that happened, I've been there. Glad to hear your parents are ok.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yikes! SO glad to hear all are okay. Wow...just a shame but your attitude is right, onward and upward. I'd put money on the total loss from the look of the front end...looks like the impact missed the major portion of the bumper rail.

Really sorry about the mishap. Keep chin up!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone,
Yeah, from what my father told me, he saw two cars coming from the back as if they were racing or some kind of road rage incident and then one of the cars swerved into his lane and couldn't brake in time because of the traffic and unfortunately my E was there to stop him. That in turn, caused a 9 car pile up on the highway. It just sucks that it took me so long to find that perfect E: 26,000 miles and still had the "new car" smell in it. What a waste, the poor thing didn't even get a chance to enjoy all the fun things I had planned for it. Oh well, for every bad that comes in life, there will be some good. Now I just have to wait for the good. I'll keep you all posted :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident

Glad to hear that they are OK.

·
Registered
24 Posts
sorry bot the E

Hey are you going to buy it back? sell some parts?

·
Registered
557 Posts
This is why I never lend my car... even to my dad, who's never ever been in an accident in his life. I even reluctantly let my wife drive it so much that I make sure her Beetle is always in perfect running condition... I know I'm bad. That sucks about the car, but like I always say, cars are replacable, but people aren't. As long as everyone was okay.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So glad to hear your parents came out OK!

I can relate--my son borrowed our '04 E; wasnt gone 10 minutes before he called and said he had t-boned someone who had disregarded a stop sign. Ours didnt look quite as bad as yours yet it was totaled.

Sorry again!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Oh No! That. Just. Sucks. Glad everyone is ok.

+1 Buy TheRube!!!

Moar BMW!!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
So glad to hear your parents came out OK!

I can relate--my son borrowed our '04 E; wasnt gone 10 minutes before he called and said he had t-boned someone who had disregarded a stop sign. Ours didnt look quite as bad as yours yet it was totaled.

Sorry again!
Please tell me that you are using his pelt for the interior upholstery on your new E.

·
Registered
256 Posts
No worries dude... That'll buff right out. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Noooooo! Not a SOP!!! Sorry about the accident man, glad to hear your parents came out OK.

If you're parting it out, I'll take those fog lights off your hands.... :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
:mad: I feel the pain! Was in the middle of a three car sandwich a year ago. My E was less than a year old and a total loss! Amazing how much damage hides behind the plastic panels.:-(

As everyone has told ya'- glad the parents are ok. E's are tough to beat in a crunch. Good thing they didn't borrow your Yugo or you would be looking for a dark suit right now!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts