Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put these sweet racin stripes on a bit ago not the best pic but you get the idea...

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
We are gonna need WAY better pics than that!!!

From what little I can see, doenst look bad at all.
I'd like to see the entire vehicle to get a feel for
the overall look!!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
It's like Herbie changed sides and went square. Now all you need is a #53 on the side ;-) I know Herbie had multi colored stripes, but that is what instantly came to mind :smile: Definately need a better SET of pics.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I agree about needing more and better pics, but I like the idea! My husband always thought a RR would look good with black racing stripes . . .

Who knows? With the number of Es we have owned it just might happen some day! ;-)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here's some more pics

Before i got it done in vinyl, i did it with some temp car paint and painters tape to see how it looked. the paint is like $3 at walmart and it took me maybe ten min so thats a pretty pretty awesome temp thing to do, washes right off

total cost in vinyl was ~$80

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I did the same exact thing almost a year ago for my trip, the temp stuff, walmart, painters tape, except mine was on thd passanger side and i did the whole front end, I have pics, I will try to find them.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I did the same exact thing almost a year ago for my trip, the temp stuff, walmart, painters tape, except mine was on thd passanger side and i did the whole front end, I have pics, I will try to find them.
I gotta get ahold of some of this temp paint stuff. So you say it truly washed right off? Have some ideas...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Ralley ready!

The euro-stripes look good. Now you need some PIAA 520s and a bull bar to round out the ralley look.

When we bought a 97' Neon Highline in electric blue we were always trying to get in the wrong car or would come out of a store and find someone else scratching their head trying to get into our car. Everyone and their cousin had an electric blue Neon in 1997 so when the car got hail damage and needed sheet metal replaced I asked the shop to peel off the highline stripes and put classic Mopar white stripes on it. Problem solved. For many years we had the only four door RT. I can honestly say I have never had trouble finding my E in a parking lot though.:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
It's like Herbie changed sides and went square. Now all you need is a #53 on the side ;-) I know Herbie had multi colored stripes, but that is what instantly came to mind :smile: Definately need a better SET of pics.
Herbie!!! My exact instant thought too!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I too did some same looking vinyl on an old "Z" car a few years back. Wash the car, use some soapy water and a credit card to lay the vinyl down and your good to go!! Unfortunately that car was way to fast and I ended up flipping the car upside down one summer. Now i just drive a roomy toaster :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I gotta get ahold of some of this temp paint stuff. So you say it truly washed right off? Have some ideas...
Yes, it washed off with ease after 1800 miles of all weather, melts right off with soap and left no residue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
love my box... I got a Huge laugh out of that. I'm sorry but that can be taken a few different ways.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Boxes....carpets....hardwood floors....landing strips.....racing stripes....love the look of them all! :evil:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts