Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after seeing the posting on how to remove the overhead console, i decided to hardwire my radar detector ( 1st speeding ticket just 7 days into E ownership). the cord from my detector has 2 wires, but there's only 1 wire going into the dome lights. how do i wire it up? :?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I used an "add a circuit" fuse tap. I took power from the power window relay fuse. I then routed the power cable up the side of the dash and thru the "A" piller. My Valentine One is attached to the sunvisor via a clip.

·
Registered
179 Posts
one of the wires is the power wire the other is a ground splice power wire int the power wire for map lights then for the ground wire crimp a loop connector on and loop around one of the mounting screws under the light against body metal

·
Registered
28 Posts
lol this is funny!! were talking about an element not a sports car, i mean ive seen like amgs and stuff with them, never an element though 8)

·
Registered
179 Posts
not sure but when you take light out there should only be one power lead to lights the ground for lights will be chassis (screw) ground also. let me know if you have a prob ill take mine apart and check it out and hook up my radar while im at it lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts